Technical Fiat Ducato 2.3 130 Maxi P0090

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ducato 2.3 130 Maxi P0090

mattprince

Hi I was driving earlier and all of a sudden the engine light came on and it flashed up Check Engine and had no power. Pulled over and turned the engine off and back on and it ran but light still on. Happened twice now over the last few weeks and both times was when I was sat at 3k rpm or above (was trying give the dpf a bit of a clean). Just read the codes and it was P0090 which according to my reader is Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Control Circuit. Any idea what could be causing this?

Just driven to work, lots of heavy acceleration in the low revs and some at higher revs to see if it still does it and it didn’t but I didn’t sit at 3k revs for more than a few seconds. Hopefully not the pump as surely on heavy fuel acceleration/demand it would throw a fit every time? Possible sensor?

from my collection of codes
Ducato​
P0090​
Fuel Pressure (Regulator at High Pressure Pump Inlet)​
Generic​
P0090​
Fuel Pressure Regulator 1 Control Circuit​
Fiat 2​
P0090​
Pressure maximum rail,​
whether the actual regulator or the fuel pressure sensor ( located in the fuel injector rail) allows the ecu to monitor fuel pressure and adjust fuel pressure regulator voltage. The nature of complaint sounds (vibration at 3000rpm) more electrical eg flexing wires or connectors

Back