Would you hit a woman? Men only please.

Currently reading:
Would you hit a woman? Men only please.

Would you hit a Woman? Question is for Men only please.

• Yes

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 67.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
YES!

If the situation determines that it would be reasonable force I'd do it without hesitation.

In my teens a lass practically ripped the ears off my head, she was stronger than me and had a martial arts background, so I punched her in the nose and broke it. I deemed this to be very reasonable. School however didn't and sent a strong letter home to my Mum and tried to issue me with detention. (n)

As stated in the OP, there are always extreme circumstances.

Would I hit a woman who is putting me in danger? Yes
Would I hit a woman because shes annoyed me? no

Its complicated. But like a burglar, the second they break in all thoughts for gender are gone. This is now a burglar, not a male or female

Last edited:
my ex mrs used to try drinking 6-9 litres of cider a day and when she could hardly walk would provoke me to try and make me hit her but i didnt, i was more worried about all the threats that she would leave and take my lil boy with her, she really deserved a good slap but i still dont agree with hitting women

i have now been a single dad for 3 years my boy is nearly four, she hasnt made no attempt to see him and life is pretty good :D although im not working(my boy is only in school an hour a day at the moment) she didnt even make it to see his first xmas

so i voted no i dont agree with hitting women especially if their smaller than me, which they normally are! smoky x

my ex mrs used to try drinking 6-9 litres of cider a day and when she could hardly walk would provoke me to try and make me hit her but i didnt, i was more worried about all the threats that she would leave and take my lil boy with her, she really deserved a good slap but i still dont agree with hitting women

i have now been a single dad for 3 years my boy is nearly four, she hasnt made no attempt to see him and life is pretty good :D although im not working(my boy is only in school an hour a day at the moment) she didnt even make it to see his first xmas

so i voted no i dont agree with hitting women especially if their smaller than me, which they normally are! smoky x

I can't believe you have a kid! Your posts always make you come across as just a wee 'un yourself!

As stated in the OP, there are always extreme circumstances.

Would I hit a woman who is putting me in danger? Yes
Would I hit a woman because shes annoyed me? no

Its complicated. But like a burglar, the second they break in all thoughts for gender are gone. This is now a burglar, not a male or female
I'd go with that...

I am quite surprised no kinky **** has been brought up?

In relation to Shadey's decription of the incident, this is how i read it;
He's does not condone any violence towarrds Women but has witnessed a situation where a guy was repeatedly provoked a women and he hit her just the once, causing major injuries. Should the guy of walked away and done nothing, yes. I'm sure most of us would agree on that point.
However in this situation the guy didnt and his sentance appears to be ott as if the situation involved two men then the sentance would of been assault/affray and the sentance wouldnt of been 2 years. (if charges would of been pressed at all)
I think when Shadey states he felt sorry for the guy, its because the guy didnt know that was going to happen. Perhaps just a 'light' punch and the women wouldnt of carried on in the situation. Yet with his one hit, he caused significant injuries. Maybe he didnt know his own strength, had been drinking etc (as dave has already stated, how would he know what he was capable of us unless he goes round hitting things).
Felt sorry as with one hit, it has caused a life changing situation for both parties.

As for myself; yeh ive been in a few a fights in my time (never started or provoked by myself), witnessed plenty as well. I will always walk away.
I did years of martial arts when i was younger, so i do know how to look after myself if it comes to it (note this isnt a 'my ***** is bigger than yours' statement).
Youve gotta do something really bad to provoke me repeatedly before ill even think about any form of violence. If i get a red mist though, God help you. I wont care if i end up in hospital or i end up there with you.
When i was younger some chavvy girls did pick a fight with me (unprovoked and for literally no reason other than i looked an easy target), even after taking a few hits to the face and head i just blocked and pushed them away. Even in this situation i wouldnt try to use violence to a women, just walking away i thought was the best option.
On reflection in the event i did use some form of violence back, i think id be charged with assault/abh/gbh. If i caused injury as Shadey has already described i would be horrified, so i see why shadey would feel sorry for guy for the sentancing.

I dont condone violence in any way to men or women. Especially with women as they're likely to always be 'worse off'. I know what ive said doesnt take into account any extreme examples (domestic violence with women etc).

The 'bigger' man is the one who can walk away and i'll always do that.

Pirus

So it's okay to smash a womans skull in if shes been nipping your head for 15 minutes, but under any other circumstances it's the worst possible thing you can do.

15 minutes is a very long time. You can almost walk a mile away from the situation in that time.

Yes you can walk a mile in that time, but then again so can she, and still be smacking you round the head. :p

I agree partly with both of you, yes I would hit a woman, but only in very very extreme circumstances, for example I would walk/run away if some girl was hitting me or restrain her if possible for the arguement in the bar/pub situation.

However, become a real threat to my life/standard of life or my families then I would happily kick their head in. E.g. if a threatening situation came along that they had to be "neutralised" for my/family safety then a 2nd thought would not be given and she would be hit, and hit as hard as I could (I do not condone hitting women and I honestly hope I never have to, this would be at an absolute last resort and I would like to stress that)

went out for my cozens 18th last night and her scum bag peice of s**t (ex)boyfreind knocked 7 shades of blue out of her when they got out of the taxi so no one else was around! shes covered in cuts and bruises and it ruined her 18th... he want a steel bar wrapped around his head! when i see him hes going to regret it big time. no one hits a woman full stop, it just shows what a coward you are.

went out for my cozens 18th last night and her scum bag peice of s**t (ex)boyfreind knocked 7 shades of blue out of her when they got out of the taxi so no one else was around! shes covered in cuts and bruises and it ruined her 18th... he want a steel bar wrapped around his head! when i see him hes going to regret it big time. no one hits a woman full stop, it just shows what a coward you are.
Errrr OK, what's a cozen?

Whilst I get what people are saying, I always wonder why hitting a woman "shows what a coward you are".

Why?

If it's down to size, then would hitting a smaller guy also show it?

My mates gf stabbed him the other day because he went out with a female friend - but he's still a coward if he hit back?

We're not in the 50s anymore - women aren't the timid creatures they used to be, if you get in a fight (that's not totally one sided) then it should be classed as a fight between two angry people, regardless of their sex.

Whilst I get what people are saying, I always wonder why hitting a woman "shows what a coward you are".

Why?

If it's down to size, then would hitting a smaller guy also show it?

My mates gf stabbed him the other day because he went out with a female friend - but he's still a coward if he hit back?

We're not in the 50s anymore - women aren't the timid creatures they used to be, if you get in a fight (that's not totally one sided) then it should be classed as a fight between two angry people, regardless of their sex.

:yeahthat:

I tend to find the blokes that say "Yeh its ok to hit a woman" are weedy little pr*cks that are out to try and prove something.

All they actually do is prove is how big a pr*ck they are IMO.

I was brought up to always treat a woman with respect, open a door for a woman, give up my seat for a woman, never hit a woman, don't use bad language while in the presence of women, pull out the chair for a woman when sitting for a meal, offer a helping hand when ever possible, etc.

My daughter recently married and I'm so glad it wasn't to any of you YES voters.

Times change, usually for the better. IMO that's deffinately not the case when its comes to how men now treat women.

Disappointed. :(

I tend to find the blokes that say "Yeh its ok to hit a woman" are weedy little pr*cks that are out to try and prove something.

All they actually do is prove is how big a pr*ck they are IMO.

I was brought up to always treat a woman with respect, open a door for a woman, give up my seat for a woman, never hit a woman, don't use bad language while in the presence of women, pull out the chair for a woman when sitting for a meal, offer a helping hand when ever possible, etc.

My daughter recently married and I'm so glad it wasn't to any of you YES voters.

Times change, usually for the better. IMO that's deffinately not the case when its comes to how men now treat women.

Disappointed. :(
I tend to find that people who say the sort of things Shadey does, tend to find goats attractive.

Then again I also think that ridiculous stereotypes are..... well.... ridiculous.

Back