Technical Winter tyres and rims

Currently reading:
Technical Winter tyres and rims

plecevic

Hi people,

Can I fit 15-inch rims with winter tyres 185/65 R15 on Fiat Stilo Abarth?

Thanks.

That should work fine. 195/65/15 is standard, but 185 will do the trick. Wide tires during winter is not a good idea, and 185 is in my opinion the best choice.

Are you getting the 215 width? :yum:

I always say it's much cheaper to buy winder tires with standard 15 inch rims. Made myself some calculations and I'm actually saving some money if I get new tires and second hand rims.

Last edited:
I get emails from http://www.mytyres.co.uk/ cos the family buy lots of tyres off them..latest email said they will give us a set of steel wheels when you buy a set of winter tyres from their site..not a bad offer if you havnt got the wheels to fit the boots to in the first place..:chin:

With 15" wheels and 1.6 engine you need a load index of at least 82 (road carrying capabilities). These varies from engine size and rim dimensions etc. I'd recommend 15" winter tires with LI (load index) of 91-94.

Ive run a set of 15" steelies with 195/65 Vredestien snowtrac 3's on them for the last 2 winters, they are amazing in the snow and work really well in just wet conditions!

When I got the the tyres they were £80.00 each from mytyres but I noticed this year they are £138 each!

I got the rims from a scrap yard for £60.00 with tyres on that I sold for about £40.00 on ebay!

My fule econmy is down when running them but not by much but I do notice it drop alot when in the snow as I think I'm giving the car a few more beans and slowing on the gears rather than the brakes more.

Back