General Winter indoors- a design feature?

Currently reading:
General Winter indoors- a design feature?

If the car is that wet inside you need to find the leak. Then put in a proper dehumidifier to dry it out.

I found a floor drain grommet out of place last summer on ours but it was still nice and dry then. Worth a good look underneath.

Hi Guys.

I've spent too many years in the founder glazing industry with homeowners saying their windows are making condensation(tenants are the worst). Cars are pretty much the same as houses in that any internal moisture is either due to a leak of some kind or being generated by the behaviour of the user, this year is worsened by more home use and also much shorter journeys. If you get yo your car with a soaking wet coat and drive a mile or two and get out you've probably left at least an egg cop of water in the car in the seat fabric or mats, its all about moisture management.

Tim

I drove for hours in the rain last night. Heater on demist with the aircon doing its bit, the side windows were still misting up. I really should go for a good drive today to clear it out.

I have an issue in the rear footwells, the rain pools in the seals and spills over slightly into the car.

I park half on the pavement outside my house though which I think causes the issue

Not meaning to sound glib, but rain water gets in at the top then runs around and dribbles out at the bottom. Try parking facing the other way to see if the other side gets wet. However, I think your problem is failing door seals and/or cracking sealant around the seal flange.

Last edited:
It catches the rain and runs down to the bottom fine, just seems to pool and over spill into the car. I think it's the way the car is parked too, I may poke a hole in the seal at the very bottom so it runs through and out rather than just sitting there, I have seen this from the factory on my previous cars and it makes a lot of sense

Back