Will payday ever come???

Currently reading:
Will payday ever come???

activematt said:
Is there any scenario in life where you dont come out smelling of roses?????

Umm................visiting the farm? Falling into a cesspit? :D

Well i was laid off my job on Dec 13th, what a loverly xmas present that was. Boss comes at 16:45 and hands three of us P45's and final wage cheques.(n)

Well went to "sign-on" the next day, not something i thought i would ever need to do in my life. What a farce it is too. You have to have two very long phone calls where they ask you questions like "Have you ever recieved compensation for the atrocities of WW2 or other eastern conflict :confused:

Well after all that i have a meeting with a "personal advisor" who couldn't understand why i didn't want to do office work. He honestly didn't get that I dont like to work at a desk and that a manufacturing/engineering field is what i am good at and waht i want to do.

Anywho its been over a month now and i still haven't recived a penny. I ring them frequently and ask when i might get something. I get a diff BS answer everytime. :bang:

I really dunno how these people make all this money by living on benifit. All i am living on is my student overdraft that thankfully thus far the bank haven't yet realised that i no longer attend uni.

Ah well job interview on Monday, and rant over :)

GeX said:
Well after all that i have a meeting with a "personal advisor" who couldn't understand why i didn't want to do office work. He honestly didn't get that I dont like to work at a desk and that a manufacturing/engineering field is what i am good at and waht i want to do.

Anywho its been over a month now and i still haven't recived a penny. I ring them frequently and ask when i might get something. I get a diff BS answer everytime. :bang:

I really dunno how these people make all this money by living on benifit. All i am living on is my student overdraft that thankfully thus far the bank haven't yet realised that i no longer attend uni.

Ah well job interview on Monday, and rant over :)

now that i can empathise with.claimed benifits for a couple of months at the start of this year for the 1st time in 16 years of working :(
a most demoralising experience i can say.
perhaps the most surprising thing being it doesnt matter how much tax you have paid as they only look at the previous 2 years of which in my case i had been studying :(

Back