General will 1.2 16v head bolt on to a sei 1.1 sporting

Currently reading:
General will 1.2 16v head bolt on to a sei 1.1 sporting

R100LER

hi i own a 99 sei 1.1 sporting and was wondering if a 1.2 16v punto head would bolt strait on to the sei block .

any input will help
many thanks

Last edited:
AFAIK, the bolt pattern is the same, but you've then got to sort out a cam belt, some way of tensioning it, and the combustion chamber volumes (which is likely to mean a one off batch of pistons).

These engines have been around a long time, so you'd expect it to have been done by now if it was as economical as popping in a complete 16v 1242 engine.

if u found a way to sort the cam belt tensioning do u think the pistons would be ok as long as u didn't put 2 much fuel into the engine because the only difference would 2 extra valves per cylinder

has any one even tried this yet ?

i cant see it being a huge amount of work ill have 2 try it and let u all know how i get on ill ring a round some scrapys in the morn

I have both engines in bits, I'll see if the 16v head lines up.

But as said, you'll probs need custom pistons as I doubt there will be enough meat on the crown to mill the valve recesses

I have both engines in bits, I'll see if the 16v head lines up.

But as said, you'll probs need custom pistons as I doubt there will be enough meat on the crown to mill the valve recesses

The pistons need pocketing and it iy enough meet on them to do so, but by the time that's done it is cheaper to get a whole 1242 16v engine.

Back