Why have I been TAXED!!!

Currently reading:
Why have I been TAXED!!!

Mastery

Banned
im a 20year old student i got my first pay check from work and my pay bill i was supposed to be paid 278 quid but i noly got 201 pounds i was taxed 71 quid is that right for somebody who is a student in full time education.

This cant be right surely, thats 35% they took for a student that is gonna kill me! what can I do?

You will be able to claim some of it back remember, as you will not have worked a full tax year

Custard Boy has the answers to everything I tell ya!
Thanks to those who replied.

42 :confused: explain please my little yellow friend cos if thats your age youve aged 10 years over night :p and at your true age [according to your details that is ];) your still a wee bairn lad :)

Mastery said:
im a 20year old student i got my first pay check from work and my pay bill i was supposed to be paid 278 quid but i noly got 201 pounds i was taxed 71 quid is that right for somebody who is a student in full time education.

This cant be right surely, thats 35% they took for a student that is gonna kill me! what can I do?

BLOODY STUDENTS!! Never stop moaning do they!! You NEVER hear me moaning!!!!:eek: :D :D :D

Still trying to think what my weekly rant on sunday could be about. Any suggestions?(y)

MATT 68 said:
BLOODY STUDENTS!! Never stop moaning do they!! You NEVER hear me moaning!!!!:eek: :D :D :D

Still trying to think what my weekly rant on sunday could be about. Any suggestions?(y)

Will think long and hard and let you know :D

And to custard sorry ime still confused

hay, does anyone know how much my tax rebate will be? i was taxed £265 when i shouldnt have been paying tax but i know my mate pays like £5/week in tax so do i lose that from the rebate?

and do i get the NI i paid back or not?

You don't get NI back.
How much tax rebate you get depends upon how much you earn! If you earn the same as your mate, and you have the same tax code, then you should pay the same tax.
H

Stuart DemonD said:
Phil, so long, and thanks for all the fish :D

FISH :confused: You never had any fish off me :confused: when we moved last July to where we are now a mate took all my fish and pond and filters etc and at that time I didnt own my stilo so WhatyouonaboutWillis :p

yup they will have stuck you on a bulcok tax code, I ended up paying 10%, then 22.5%, then 40% tax on a £4 then £5 an hour job:eek: depending on which day of the week it was, crippled me and put my driving test back a few months, also limited me to what car I ended up with.

Them taxing bastrds still owe me nearly £400 too:eek: still arguing with them well over 18months on, its just ridiculous

Back