General Where's the Coupe forum gone now???

Currently reading:
General Where's the Coupe forum gone now???

It's a fair point about Paul & Nikki having lives to lead, I think the questions are over the reliability of the new service provider, not P & N's (and others') commitment or input.

yo you mudders.

awfully nice of you to put us up whilst our own site crashes and burns, all halloween orange and jiminy red.

Cappo said:
Unless we've recently paid for 12 months hosting up front......:bang:

(PS - Andrew - it's "Don't. ;) )

It's Kayjey who hosts the FCCUK site now on his servers. I am sure he is aware of the problem as all his sites are down.

It does, however, remain a possibility that Scooby, Bobbs and Kayjay are all unaware that the site is down.

Has anybody contacted them to check?

Perhaps the US Goverment has fried the servers as we were too close to uncovering the truth about 9/11. (Can't get sarcastic smilie to work!!)

Cappo said:
It's a fair point about Paul & Nikki having lives to lead, I think the questions are over the reliability of the new service provider, not P & N's (and others') commitment or input.
I don't think there's any doubt about Scooby and Bobbs' commitment. I believe they went through a lot of pain last time the forum broke. I think it's just sheer misfortune that two problems have occurred relatively close to each other.
H

To be fair to N&P though, we don't even know what the problem is and this only the first day of the problem (although it started last night) and not only do N&P have lives, we all have them. Lets get out there and talk to people whilst we can :rolleyes:

JimO - I think I've got medecieman's number... no, wait, it's in my PM's on the other forum...

Jim

Jim C said:
JimO - I think I've got medecieman's number... no, wait, it's in my PM's on the other forum...

Jim

Thanks Jim :p thats where my number for him is :bang: :bang:

He usually gets cold turkey and appears here sooner or later... Tried looking him up on BT, but he's either ex-directory or doesn't have a landline in his name. I don't know Robina's surname...

Whittler said:
When was the last time you had problems S and H ?

Well ive been here over a year and in my time i dont recall any crashing of the site, when we did a re-vamp of the site, some members had some cache problems, but that was quickly solved :)

Welcome back FCCUK by the way :wave: Feel welcome to post anywhere on the site :)

OK thanks anyway Jim, i was due to talk to him about something tomorrow, I guess he'll understand or maybe the forum will be back by then :worship: :worship: :worship:

the forum here has a back up serve, I think one is in texas AFAIK... its been discussed. everything is backed up here.

I am not sure how big our server is but it would be worth them chatting to ben if they want some decent hosting.

Like i said before, our server is very stable and Ben knows what he is doing so we are lucky to have him really:)

Just to make things clear.. i dont own/run the forum I am sub admin,l so i dont deal with all the technical stuff thats ben.

H isnt even a mod, he is just a user on this site ;)

Last edited:
Hi guys and gals :) . Looks like the diehards have been the first to swap back here again :p . Sammiboo & hmallett are certainly very patient with us using their site as a refugee centre time and again, it's much appreciated :D!

I hope that forum gets back up and running soon, as I was in the middle of a group buy and arranging two track days :rolleyes: .

Phil

Highwayman said:
I hope that forum gets back up and running soon, as I was in the middle of a group buy and arranging two track days :rolleyes: .

Phil

I was just about to buy another coupe :mad:

And I don't have the contact details of the seller :cry:

bezzer said:
I was just about to buy another coupe :mad:

And I don't have the contact details of the seller :cry:

Who's were you buying????

Not that dodgy old VT6 :eek: :eek: :D (y) (y)

Well this is the bunker then :slayer:

It's cold turkey time again (n)

John

Hey,

Yes Sammi is right, the FF database is backed up to 3 seperate servers across three different countries :eek: - we don't like taking chances here :)

As for downtime, we've had a few network issues here and there - though nothing to do with the server itself and we had quite a nasty incident last year or so when someone hit the server with a spam attack (trying to send around 3 million emails in a few hours - it was all stopped...) - the mail service has since been moved to a seperate server ;)

So yes, there is more than enough power here and there to host the FCC if needed - with more servers on the way, so never will we be underpowered.

Remember though, there might be a legitimate reason for the downtime, which we wouldn't know as we're not a customer of the FCC's hosting company... things do sometimes go wrong, it's how the company deals with them that counts....

Back