Technical Rust on fiat coupe #adviseneeded

Currently reading:
Technical Rust on fiat coupe #adviseneeded

Daan123

Hello everybody,

I have just joined the forum as I am very enthousiastic about the Fiat coupe. I am looking for one to buy as my first car. I just earned my license, a bit late as I am 21, and can afford to have a car to have a bit of fun in. I have been looking around for one for several weeks now and just found one that sparked my interest. The current owner of the car had it fixed after it had been standing still for some time. During the last several years the car attracted some rust. When I look on the internet, there is a lot of information to be found about where to find the rust, but not what to do with it. I am wondering what type of rust constitutes not buying a coupe.

Included with this thread is some pictures of the rust spots on the car I am currently considering to buy. I hope some of you will be able to advise me if this is something that can be fixed or I should avoid completely.

With kind regards,
Daan

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-23 172324.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-23 172324.png
    1 MB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot 2023-09-23 172344.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-23 172344.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot 2023-09-23 172353.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-23 172353.png
    883.7 KB · Views: 85
I'd say rust is part of any fiat more than most brands.

That does look mainly cosmetic, but needs some deeper poking to see how solid the metal is.

Trouble with rust is until you start poking about you can't tell.if it's anything like my seicento you can put your fist through the floor.get a welder and start learning .

the youngest cars are 23/24 years at this point so any car that isn’t some mint condition museum piece then it’s going to have some rust

it Depends on either how handy you are yourself or you deep are your pockets to pay someone else to sort it out.

if you can it’s definitely worth getting it up on a ramp and having a good look all over the underside.

Back