Off Topic Where to check mileage??

Currently reading:
Off Topic Where to check mileage??

Guys
I'm in Ireland.
Looking at buying a import from UK for the misses... Have found something locally and I'd like to check mileage online.
It's a 2008 car.
I used carcheckuk but the last recording this had was back in 2009.
Are your cars MOTd every year from new and hence a mileage recording with each check??
Anyway of accessing these??
Sorry for totally off topic post but most of you are UK based do hopefully no harm in asking??!!
Marty.

I don't think UK cars need an MOT until they are 3 years old, then yearly.
Usually the seller will have the old MOT's.

I don't think UK cars need an MOT until they are 3 years old, then yearly.
Usually the seller will have the old MOT's.

This is correct

Guys
I'm in Ireland.
Looking at buying a import from UK for the misses... Have found something locally and I'd like to check mileage online.
It's a 2008 car.
I used carcheckuk but the last recording this had was back in 2009.
Are your cars MOTd every year from new and hence a mileage recording with each check??
Anyway of accessing these??
Sorry for totally off topic post but most of you are UK based do hopefully no harm in asking??!!
Marty.

milage is on every mot so ask for pics of them n check it averages out. Im pretty sure u wnt b able to access neother way

A car first registered in the UK in 2008 would be liable for its first MOT check in 2011 so depending on the date, it should have had 2, or maybe even 3 tests by now. If the MOT certificates aren't with the car, will the seller let you have the details of the previous keeper in Britain? If so, try ringing them and asking for the mileage, or, if you buy it then ask if they'll forward them to you.

Back