General What did you do to your (insert multi description) today?

Currently reading:
General What did you do to your (insert multi description) today?

What work have you done today ?

Let's get this multi forum movlng again rather than posting problems.

Let's share simple positive things not just problems.

These are special cars.

I cleaned my round nose multi this evening. She has been stored for 2 years. Sunroofs open for first time in yonks and cleaned rubbers.

She started first key turn last week.

I ordered some more rust proof/ preventio stuff to finish work last weekend.

I worked mainly on body work today trying to get as much done before the colder wetter weather comes.

Touch up painting, sorting out paintwork on outside and making sure it is all sealed and reasonable.
Filled primed and sanded some bumper scuffs. I am just rattle canning them. It needs a good "tcut" and wax.

From rust proofing work last weekend - Dinitrol 3195 ML seems to have set more. I was a bit worried.
I am going to put some thicker stuff over the handbreak cable holder and more exposed areas.

I have rear door cards off trying to fault find back windows not working, I checked the relay box in in front of the middle seat.
You have press in the side of the ashtrays to release them, to get inside handles off took me a while to find this.
I have a new external handle to fit on one side, and I am going to squirt in dinitrol 3195 ML to rust proof.
I also missed the boot lid and the bonnet frame.

Knocked out some dent on the passenger side rear door that my son did some years ago.
It is much much better but if anyone sees a red one let me know

Once bumpers are done, I will get wheel arch covers back in and she will be pretty much ready for MOT.

Thought I was about to finish mini resto and coat rear arches but found some rust behind diesel pipe on rear wheel arch.
I had not taken off the plastic cover. It seems to hold muck and moisture and promote rust.

Booked welder to pu a couple of patches on.

I squirted thin dinitrol 3125 ml in doors, bonnet and boot.

Attachments

• 20230923_093822.jpg
    20230923_093822.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 27
  • 20230923_093807.jpg
    20230923_093807.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
Gave mine a thorough wash and vacuum, as a 'passed it's MOT' present!!
Also treated it to a tank of diesel, a dose of 'Forte' injector cleaner, and a darn good 'italian tune up' down the local motorway, 60 miles each way, mostly 550-60mph all the way, non stop. Gee does THAT feel good, after the recent woes with it!! (y)

Back