Technical Where can I find this exhaust clamp for the Panda (319)

Currently reading:
Technical Where can I find this exhaust clamp for the Panda (319)

jack808

Hi guys,

I have a 2015 Panda 1.2L and on the MOT they advised that an exhaust clamp just below the downpipe is rusted and almost cracked through.

photo_2022-08-25_15-45-37.jpg

I've been trying to find the replacement part but all I can find is this one which is apparently not compatible with this model, or this one which is compatible but not the same:

1661438869058.png

I can't find any exploded diagrams of the Panda online. Any ideas how I can find the right part?

Thanks

Think Fiat part 51816520 is a pretty standard fitment on most small Fiats and Alfas. If you google that part number you'll find a shedload of references, pictures and suppliers, but very few that you can actually buy in the UK just now.

Check this one which, although not specifically listed, may fit your car.

The price, however, is exorbitant - I bought the same bracket last month from Partsworld and paid £12.75 delivered. Don't think Partsworld have any in stock just now, though.

This listing does claim the part fits your car, and the price is more reasonable, but they're out of stock.

I bought it for a 60HP 1.2 Panda and it's not quite the correct fit for that car, but with a bit of shimming and an adjustment to the mounting hole, does the job just fine.

I'd attend to this as soon as you can. If the bracket disintegrates any further, it won't support the front part of the exhaust system and the likely consequence is a broken manicat; these are not cheap.

This is a common, well known issue on older Pandas/500s and the like.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
They have been seen on eBay. If not shop4 parts are likely to help. If I remember right no a lot of cash.
Before the current supply chain issues they were both cheap (<£10) and readily available.

I bought a genuine OEM one last month on the 'bay for £12.75.

Tonight I can only find one supplier in the UK selling the OEM bracket and they want the best part of £25 for it. Outrageous for what is basically a simple mild steel bracket.

Getting parts for the Panda is both more difficult and more expensive than it was even a few months ago. Since Brexit, the option of buying online from EU suppliers is largely gone. I suspect the situation is only going to get worse.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I have a 2015 Panda 1.2L and on the MOT they advised that an exhaust clamp just below the downpipe is rusted and almost cracked through.

View attachment 411088

I've been trying to find the replacement part but all I can find is this one which is apparently not compatible with this model, or this one which is compatible but not the same:

View attachment 411089
I can't find any exploded diagrams of the Panda online. Any ideas how I can find the right part?

Thanks

?? Also fits Ford Ka

1661502314548.png

The same bracket rusted to oblivion on my 500.
The whole weight of the manifold/cat then rested on the manifold exhaust studs. Two of which broke off below the surface.
Imagine how much fun I had drilling them out.

I know this is an old thread but just to say thank you as I need this bracket. I got one for £6.77 from this listing:

It seems to be a different part number for the same part. Here's all the equivalent part numbers:
ALFA ROMEO 46827608, ALFA ROMEO 51816520, CITROËN 171390, FIAT 12855053, FIAT 46827608, FIAT 51816520, FIAT 93193539, LANCIA 46827608, LANCIA 51816520, OPEL 12855053, OPEL 4708719, OPEL 855868, OPEL 93193539, PEUGEOT 171390

I also got this kit to reconnect the exhaust together:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Strips of mild steel are available on eBay. With the right tools easy enough to fabricate your own.
My thought also, but would go for stainless steel or at least Galv/Zintec to give it a better life expectancy.

Back