when even parking sensors aren't enough....

Currently reading:
when even parking sensors aren't enough....

thats just daft!!!!

my next door neibour at uni has a smart car, which most of the point in having one is so you can drive forwards into a parrellel park space, rather than the usual speed manouvering.
however she doesn't make the best of that, but instead struggles to park the thing in the normal way, I mean, she takes at least 5attempts every time :bang:

my god that is pointless..

with regards to the smart car, iirc it is not legal to park them sideways in this country as the reflectors are not up to spec for it.

Will it tell them when its safe to pull out into a junction? Erm no dont think so, these people who need things like that should go on a driving course. Dont get me wrong trying to parallel park something the size of a Discovery is tricky, but if i can do that surely some muppet can park a smart car sized motor.

Tis true what Mountainmachine said. Just because one has a car that can park and do other mad things is no excuse to think one doesn't have to worry about their driving skills.

Observing at Junctions
Blind Spots when changing lanes
Mirror checks when changing speed or direction and every once so often
making sure you are driving safely

A car cannot do this on its own.... not yet anyway and I hope they never can at least not in my life time.

I don't understand though, why not have something that makes your life easier and saves time? I can parallel park with the best of them, but lining it up and shuffling over would be better still and be very handy when someone parks up your arse and there's not enough space to get out :D

Back