Styling wheels

Currently reading:
Styling wheels

Can I fit genuine 2007 fiat grande punto 16" alloys on my standard mk2b active sport if its lowered by 25mm?

nope.......

basically your mk2b has 4x98 PCD wheels and the grande is based on the vauxhall corsa platform and uses a 4x100 PCD wheel.

What is known as the "centre bore" or the whole through the centre of the wheel that the brand cap is usually pushed into, is much bigger on your car at 58.1mm and the newer grande puntos used the vauxhall 56.6 mm centre bore.

So to make the wheels fit you would have to have a few mm shaved out of the centre bore of the grande wheels, then you would have to fit what is known as "wobble bolts" which bascially allow the collar of the bolt to move around to accommodate the difference in the PCD.

There are however plenty of wheels that will fit your car but you would have to look to other fiat models, the Stilo is the same fitment and had 16" wheels. as did the 500 and of course there where plenty of mk2 and mk2b puntos that had alloys. Even the Fiat Coupe from the 1990s wheels will fit your car, but not the grande.

If you are lowering the car as well, you may run into other problems, the rear wheel wells on the mk2 are quite shallow so you would not be able to get away with anything 205 wide or above or they catch on either the shocks or the wheel arch. If you went for 205 you have to get the wheel offset exact or they catch anyway.

16" wheels are the advised biggest you should go to on a mk2b but people have fitted 17" wheels but they usually have a lot of headaches.

What ever 16" wheels you find expect to need to down size the tyres to a lower profile as the mk2b was only ever fitted with 15inch wheels max.

16" wheels from a Stilo would likely have bigger higher profile tyres that would foul the front wheel arch liners. I fitted some very chunky snow tyres to my mk2b on 15 inch wheels, only slightly bigger than the standard tyre size and you had to be very careful with full lock.

Last edited:
nope.......

basically your mk2b has 4x98 PCD wheels and the grande is based on the vauxhall corsa platform and uses a 4x100 PCD wheel.

What is known as the "centre bore" or the whole through the centre of the wheel that the brand cap is usually pushed into, is much bigger on your car at 58.1mm and the newer grande puntos used the vauxhall 56.6 mm centre bore.

So to make the wheels fit you would have to have a few mm shaved out of the centre bore of the grande wheels, then you would have to fit what is known as "wobble bolts" which bascially allow the collar of the bolt to move around to accommodate the difference in the PCD.

There are however plenty of wheels that will fit your car but you would have to look to other fiat models, the Stilo is the same fitment and had 16" wheels. as did the 500 and of course there where plenty of mk2 and mk2b puntos that had alloys. Even the Fiat Coupe from the 1990s wheels will fit your car, but not the grande.

If you are lowering the car as well, you may run into other problems, the rear wheel wells on the mk2 are quite shallow so you would not be able to get away with anything 205 wide or above or they catch on either the shocks or the wheel arch. If you went for 205 you have to get the wheel offset exact or they catch anyway.

16" wheels are the advised biggest you should go to on a mk2b but people have fitted 17" wheels but they usually have a lot of headaches.

What ever 16" wheels you find expect to need to down size the tyres to a lower profile as the mk2b was only ever fitted with 15inch wheels max.

16" wheels from a Stilo would likely have bigger higher profile tyres that would foul the front wheel arch liners. I fitted some very chunky snow tyres to my mk2b on 15 inch wheels, only slightly bigger than the standard tyre size and you had to be very careful with full lock.

I love the wheels that are on but am trying to reduce the awful looking gap between the arches and the tyres at the front. The standard rear wheels look great but if I drop the front to match the car won't be level.
At the moment steering around a corner is like trying to control a rearing horse stood on the deck of an old galleon ?

I love the wheels that are on but am trying to reduce the awful looking gap between the arches and the tyres at the front. The standard rear wheels look great but if I drop the front to match the car won't be level.
At the moment steering around a corner is like trying to control a rearing horse stood on the deck of an old galleon ?

Putting bigger alloys will not reduce the gap that you have that much.
You can fit 16' with 195/45 tire but you have to get the right offset (I think 38 is max that you can go, but don't quote me on this one) and as well you meet to get the PCD right ( 4x100 can work with wobbly bolts) and the center bore.
Rim width plays a big role as well, 6.5 to 7 j I think is the max that you can go, even though i think 7j is too wide for Punto.

When will lower your car for a bit is fitting 195/50 to your 15' if you have them on, if my math is correct, it will lower the car for like 30mm or something.

I am in the market to buy 16' for my summer look, so I did some research about it.

Back