Technical Wheel Hubs.. HELP!

Currently reading:
Technical Wheel Hubs.. HELP!

Ged20D

Evil Shenanigans!
and i am not taklking about the plastic things on the front of the Wheels either. Has anybody every attempted to change the hub flange.

So far i have removed the wheel
Removed the break caliper and disk
Took of the bolt that connects the hub

Problem is i cant seem to get it to come off. There is a lip on the new hub but i have pulled the old one off as far as that so something else is stopping it from coming loose. Its done 60K so i know its going to be hard but come on :(

The reason for this is that two of the bolts no longer screw in properly and they come out when turning or going over pot holes. I could have got the threads re done but didnt see the point as the problem would still exist.

Just hoping somebody on here has had the same problem?

Its both the front that i am changing :p

I Spent a good 5 hours today getting just the offside off. The hub was seized to the wheel bearing that much we had to take the whole arm apart and put in a vice, then absolutely leather the hell out of it with a large socket and hamer, i now have to replace the bearing as a bit of it is still stuck to the hub it was that bad. :p Oh yeah and i broke the abs cable upps. but that's only because i didn't know how to remove it, next time it will be ok though as i know what to do now. (anybody know where to get a new abs cable from that's not a Fiat garage, very expensive?)

You know i wondered last night why i couldn't find any info on here about doing this yourself. Its bloody daft thing to do! Cant wait until i do the other side, even though its been a nightmare. I have had a top morning! :D

Glad to be back! (y)

Its both the front that i am changing :p

I Spent a good 5 hours today getting just the offside off. The hub was seized to the wheel bearing that much we had to take the whole arm apart and put in a vice, then absolutely leather the hell out of it with a large socket and hamer, i now have to replace the bearing as a bit of it is still stuck to the hub it was that bad. :p Oh yeah and i broke the abs cable upps. but that's only because i didn't know how to remove it, next time it will be ok though as i know what to do now. (anybody know where to get a new abs cable from that's not a Fiat garage, very expensive?)

You know i wondered last night why i couldn't find any info on here about doing this yourself. Its bloody daft thing to do! Cant wait until i do the other side, even though its been a nightmare. I have had a top morning! :D

Glad to be back! (y)

Been on my workshop disk having a look for you and its a special tool sort of like an slide hammer we used to remove halfshafts out of rear axles ..there is a part number if you want one ..hang on tho you f*cked it up so I'm to late anyway..:D

Sorry..;)

Yeah i looked at that slide hammer and there was also a axle puller or something but we had one of them. The way we was hitting the hub in the vise though i think it needed to be off the 'axle fox' ;) :p Some seeeeeeerious welly was needed, and i mean serious. We were laughing at one stage as it just wouldn't budge. I don't think the other one is going to be any easier either. If i had the till i would do the whole thing inc coilovers as if new but i guess i will have to do stages.

I know i have just got the car and these problems shouldn't be happening but in a way i am glad as there is nothing better than a weekend messing with the car. Missed it so much

Cheers for the replies PNL nice to see that you are still about! Over the past 27months i have been coming on FF but never posted or anything, just liked to look at what others were up2. Think i might put the car in Members Motors though as i am definitely finishing this one! (y)

Back