Whats the worst that can happen?

Currently reading:
Whats the worst that can happen?

tozzleozzle

-Butwig-
rite well my dad has just been dun for doing 90mph in a 50mph zone and he already has a 3 points for speeding, as i say... whats the worst that can happen, or rather what do you think will happen?

Cheers

Tom

Last edited:
Bloody hell, thats alot over the speed limit. I'd say court appearance and likely ban. Regardless of his previous 3 points, that is pretty dangerous.

Could get away with 6 points and a hefty fine, really can't see the police just issuing a 3 / £60 fine.

Bloody hell, thats alot over the speed limit. I'd say court appearance and likely ban. Regardless of his previous 3 points, that is pretty dangerous.

Could get away with 6 points and a hefty fine, really can't see the police just issuing a 3 / £60 fine.

ye his m8 recerns that he will get a £1000 fine, wich he aint to bothered about and a three month ban, and ye he is going to court apparently

ye his m8 recerns that he will get a £1000 fine, wich he aint to bothered about and a three month ban, and ye he is going to court apparently

Could maybe argue that he needs a vehicle to get to work if its possible to prove. Might get off with a fine and points. My stepdad had 28 points and never got banned by using kinda the same line.

As he already has 3 points it will defo be a court appearance due to the speed. Anything over 30mph above the limit - the courts have to consider a ban.

The fine varies, its all to do with the area, say it was a 50 zone behind some houses then thats a high fine, if its a 50 in the middle of the countryside, a lesser fine. The courts take everything on board when making a decision.

He could plead guilty and say he was suffering from a stomach illness at the time and needed to get to a bathroom (this excuse can work but you'd need to back it up).

Was he caught by camera or a police car?

If it was a police car, ask to see the daily calibration sheet for the vehicle's camera on the morning the speeding took place.

If it was a fixed camera, you could argue his car has been rung, and someone is driving around on his plates.

I personally would be as honest as possible, things don't tend to backfire if you are completely honest. I would not condone lying.

Oh, and tell him to slow down :p

Tom :)

Last edited:
say he was suffering from a stomach illness at the time and needed to get to a bathroom (this excuse can work but you'd need to back it up).
If it was a police car, ask to see the daily calibration sheet for the vehicle's camera on the morning the speeding took place.

If it was a fixed camera, you could argue his car has been rung, and someone is driving around on his plates.
I would not condone lying.

Tom :)

WTF?

Doing 90 in a 50 zone? - should be banned, no excuses.
Typical of today's society. Let's break the rules as much as we can, there's always someone out there who can get us off.

How would you feel if he was doing 90 past your house & totalled your car?
Or worse, killed a member of your family.

It's about time people were made to face the consequences of their stupidities.(n)

I entirely agree.

I'm studying law, my job will be to help people in these situations (well I'm doing commercial law but still), I'm also well on my way to becoming a special constable so my other job will be to catch people in these situation, so I in no way condone lying, all I did was give advice on what you could argue.

It is entirey possible his car has been rung, and asking for a daily calibration sheet is not lying.

Hence I put what you quoted in bold.

You also missed the bit before, please don't miss-quote me
I personally would be as honest as possible, things don't tend to backfire if you are completely honest. I would not condone lying.

Tom

Last edited:
he could kill someone?
main them?

ah, doesn't really matter does it? as long as his license is safe eh? that would have to be the worst thing, having it taken away....still no problem, look for the technicalities, a way to avoid responsibilty, and get back on that road, after all the worst that can happen....will be to someone else.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/4493713.stm

Basically this was the result of the A30 coming from a 70 dual to a 50 single (now 40) and a long right hand bend. At the speed limits nothing challenging but this car was doing over 100.

Actually bumped into the house owners about three months after, police said the whole thing for the car would of happened within seconds and the driver wouldn't of had any time to react. Personally think this is a classic example of why a speed limit is there for a reason.

he could kill someone?
main them?

ah, doesn't really matter does it? as long as his license is safe eh? that would have to be the worst thing, having it taken away....still no problem, look for the technicalities, a way to avoid responsibilty, and get back on that road, after all the worst that can happen....will be to someone else.

Honestly, I couldn't agree more with that. I hate seeing stupid speeds, 80 on a motorway fine, 70 in a 50 big no no! 90 in a 50 is excesive and tbh would hope he is banned, (sorry tozzle).

The one convo that comes up for me is how am I going to be on both sides of the fence so to speak. Lawyers and Coppers don't see eye to eye at all, (from my experience) and I want to be both :ROFLMAO:

good lord jai, that was laaame

any hooo as i said he is going to court and he was cort by a police car.

Aparently he was going 90 for about 2 seconds or sumpthink witch sucks but still, he shouldn't of done it anyway, but he is going through a very bad time at the moment were he needs a car rely :( what kinda things can he do to reduce the punishment?

Last edited:
good lord jai, that was laaame

any hooo as i said he is going to court and he was cort by a police car.

Aparently he was going 90 for about 2 seconds or sumpthink witch sucks but still, he shouldn't of done it anyway, but he is going through a very bad time at the moment were he needs a car rely :( what kinda things can he do to reduce the punishment?

is his driving as bad as your spelling and grammar?

is his driving as bad as your spelling and grammar?

no and once again that was lame

I don't think Jai's replies are lame, I've posted similar things on here myself and right now, he's put it more politely and succinctly than I might have done.

yes it was lame, i know what he did and what could of happened i dont need reminding, cant you guys just understand that im upset for my dad and want some sort of reassurance that he might be, even the smallest bit, alright so his cra*pey life doesn't get any worse?

I mean for goodness sake he's my dad....

Last edited:
Tozzle, I understand where you're coming from and why you think Jai's comments are harsh, however, if Jai deals with some of the things that i've seen out on shaddow, you would completely understand why he has this opinion.

I don't tend take sides, as I prefer to have an independant outlook on these things, however the speed your dad was doing was excessive, and Jai's comments could have been a little lighter considering you were not the driver.

I hope your dad realises what he's done, and for me it can sometimes be punishment enough for someone to realise and show remorse rather than hefty fines that can be easily paid. Good luck whatever the outcome.

Tom

Back