Whats made you Smile today

Currently reading:
Whats made you Smile today

Andi_F said:
Pissed a Lexus Driver off yesterday....
He went to undertake me, hoping to obviously then get infront of me.
There was a Renault infront of him, so I put my foot down a bit, to draw level with the Renault, thus blocking the lexus... W****r

Playing devil's advocate here but were you approaching a roundabout, junction or anything that would make you slow down and then speed up? I'm just asking because I got pissed off today by an astra today who, despite having seen me leaving him for dust a couple of times on the single carriage way (tractors, and cars using gravity to slow down before turning off), decided to overtake me on the dual carriage way just before the exit to Ellon. I was doing 80 at the time so definitely not slow.

It was a pain keeping a safe distance behind him as he climbed the hill when I should have had the fun of feeling the turbo kick in. Oh and curses to the inconsiderate bastards who were heading south preventing me from overtaking :D The astra eventually hit and exceeded the speed limit just short of town denying me any fun simply because he felt the need to prove he could speed more than me

Of course in your case you were only in the outside lane because you were either over-taking or turning off immediately right?

Harper said:
Playing devil's advocate here but were you approaching a roundabout, junction or anything that would make you slow down and then speed up? I'm just asking because I got pissed off today by an astra today who, despite having seen me leaving him for dust a couple of times on the single carriage way (tractors, and cars using gravity to slow down before turning off), decided to overtake me on the dual carriage way just before the exit to Ellon. I was doing 80 at the time so definitely not slow.

It was a pain keeping a safe distance behind him as he climbed the hill when I should have had the fun of feeling the turbo kick in. Oh and curses to the inconsiderate bastards who were heading south preventing me from overtaking :D The astra eventually hit and exceeded the speed limit just short of town denying me any fun simply because he felt the need to prove he could speed more than me

Of course in your case you were only in the outside lane because you were either over-taking or turning off immediately right?

I was on the A77 between Snadyford toll roundabout & Whitletts Roundabout (approx 2.5- 3miles apart), so in a 70MPH speed limit.
Don't think the Lexus driver was too happpy with me.....

Andi_F said:
I was on the A77 between Snadyford toll roundabout & Whitletts Roundabout (approx 2.5- 3miles apart), so in a 70MPH speed limit.

Thinking about this again it was actually a win win situation for the Lexis. He obviously thought you were being too slow in your over-taking manoeuvre (you were actually over-taking something right?) if he figured he had plenty of time to undertake. You decided to speed up however thus he got his wish of going faster anyway. Funnily enough I had a van do something similar to me not long ago.

The A90 just south of Ellon is dualled for a mile or so leading to a roundabout with two exits (1st one is Ellon the other is north). Most people are heading north and the majority of them get into the outside lane as soon as the hit the dual carriageway leaving the inside lane mostly unused. As I'm usually taking the first exit I tend to stay in the inside lane unless I do actually encounter another vehicle in it. Problem is the outside lane is often moving at 60 mph and I either behave myself and stick with the same speed limit or undertake, which is naughty and potentially dangerous I know but the muppets are so intent on not getting blocked in a mile or so down the road they rarely move over.

Recently a van took exception me undertaking him as is his right :D . He'd been sitting in the outside lane at about 65 but decided to speed up to 70 when he saw me draw along side. He then matched my speed the rest of the way right up to the roundabout obviously quite convinced he'd blocked me in. I was nice about it though and blew him a kiss as I took the first exit and continued on my way home :laugh:

Harper said:
Recently a van took exception me undertaking him as is his right :D . He'd been sitting in the outside lane at about 65 but decided to speed up to 70 when he saw me draw along side. He then matched my speed the rest of the way right up to the roundabout obviously quite convinced he'd blocked me in. I was nice about it though and blew him a kiss as I took the first exit and continued on my way home :laugh:

Ooh your evil Katie.... but I like your style..

I annoyed another car driver today.
An 02 Plate (I think) Honda Civic Type R, he sat behind me at the Whitletts Roundabout.
So when the light's went green I put my foot down & ensured that he couldn't get past before the 2lanes go down to 1 lane... :grin:
Then all the way down the A77 between Whitletts & Holmston Roundabout, he couldn't get past me due to no gaps in the oncoming traffic :D

Andi_F said:

Andi_F said:
An 02 Plate (I think) Honda Civic Type R, he sat behind me at the Whitletts Roundabout.
So when the light's went green I put my foot down & ensured that he couldn't get past before the 2lanes go down to 1 lane... :grin:
Then all the way down the A77 between Whitletts & Holmston Roundabout, he couldn't get past me due to no gaps in the oncoming traffic :D

Without checking Google maps, I would suggest from your description, this section of road is only a 60mph an not 70mph as you have suggested. Climber/over take lane to single carriageway?

Without sounding all high an mighty, your driving does sound a little on the irresponsible side in these instances, I'm all for defending your road position but considering you've just got your car back from being repaired maybe you should be a little more cautious?

richard33dees said:
Without checking Google maps, I would suggest from your description, this section of road is only a 60mph an not 70mph as you have suggested. Climber/over take lane to single carriageway?

Without sounding all high an mighty, your driving does sound a little on the irresponsible side in these instances, I'm all for defending your road position but considering you've just got your car back from being repaired maybe you should be a little more cautious?

have to agree with this

Andi mate, seriously..... you've just had the car repaired after a prang, the priority should be keeping your nose clean and staying out of any bother

no meaning it to come across high and mighty either...because let's face it, none of us are saints on the road at all times ;) but given your recent record of bumps, maybe best to just cool it down a touch?

Andi_F said:

See I don't understand this. Why would you prevent a more powerful car from getting past you? It's not as if they're going to hold up your 1.2 GP - in fact quite the opposite. It's just petty IMO

Just so no one thinks we're mental, I think we should elaborate.

Every now and again, someone will contact us for advertising. I usually deal with the enquiries myself.

In the past week I've had four emails from some 'guy' claiming he can make a decision and payment for advertising on the site. It's the same message every time, and I've already replied twice.

I get in tongiht, knowing I've a couple of important emails to deal with and here's a message from my new found best friend.

Cue the music and my reply:

Hello (X),

You can indeed advertise on our homepage only. A text link would be £1,000,000 per day, plus a jar of brown M&M's.

Please let me know how you wish to pay and I can have your link added five minutes ago.

Regards,
Daffy Duck.

Back