What's made you not grumpy but not smile either today?

Currently reading:
What's made you not grumpy but not smile either today?

Surgery called to book appointment for my partner to get her first vaccine jab. That's good.
She's in a wheelchair, so I have to take her. I'm a little younger, so fit into a different category, but do have a heart condition.
To me it makes sense, as I have to be there, to stab us both at the same time. But, no. No flexibility, rigid rules, and must be followed.
The Pfizer vaccine apparently.

Surgery called to book appointment for my partner to get her first vaccine jab. That's good.
She's in a wheelchair, so I have to take her. I'm a little younger, so fit into a different category, but do have a heart condition.
To me it makes sense, as I have to be there, to stab us both at the same time. But, no. No flexibility, rigid rules, and must be followed.
The Pfizer vaccine apparently.

They wouldn’t buy the fact that you are her career? We are a bit more relaxed up here, our doctor will fit my wife and I along with our special needs son together. We get daily local messages every day regarding COVID and what it’s doing in our area.

Despots like Hitler (who was a hard left statist)

1507074236-2.jpg

They wouldn’t buy the fact that you are her carer? We are a bit more relaxed up here, our doctor will fit my wife and I along with our special needs son together. We get daily local messages every day regarding COVID and what it’s doing in our area.

Just a clerical person, not coping with anything other than making simple appointments. Instead of using her brain, and asking someone, she just flatly refused.
Not worth pushing such people, if they canot grasp the situation initially, it will never get better.

They wanna censor Trump for 'inciting violence'? I'm wondering where that was when BLM was burning down Seattle and other parts of the USA... That's as bad as (and resulted in more deaths) than what happened last week. Double standards on the part of big tech, which must be stopped.

Nobody has actually proved or pointed out exactly how Trump 'incited' anything negative last week... But I'm still waiting for an explanation of how GFloyd's death had anything to do with race also. It seems to be a lot of "It doesn't have to be direct" kind of excuses at play in both.... lack of reason and logic or rationality.

I'm not defending Trump, just like nobody should be defending the rapist, criminal and woman beating George Floyd - but it's besides the point. Either, we're going to think up some standards and apply them equally, or it's outright censorship by political cause, which in my book, is bad .. whether it's illegal or not.

I think big tech just signed its death warrant.

Not in the US, too many of their executives are friendly with Biden. But thankfully EU / UK won't let them get away with it.

I'm not defending Trump, just like nobody should be defending the rapist, criminal and woman beating George Floyd - but it's besides the point. Either, we're going to think up some standards and apply them equally, or it's outright censorship by political cause, which in my book, is bad .. whether it's illegal or not.

While I'm not really qualified to comment, I think it's fairly safe to say that Black lives matter has very little to do with George Floyd as a person and a lot to do with a lot of history going back a long way.

I'm not necessarily fully paid up member of the Biden fan club but when option 2 is man who has literally said he finds his own daughter sexually attractive and was close friends with Jeffery Epstein. Well the phrase "least worst option" comes to mind. That's before you get to any of his other wonderful qualities.

Also BLM didn't storm the Capitol Building in an attempt to stop a democratically elected president from taking office. So Trump supporters certainly did enough to warrant an extraordinary response.

Last edited:
They have and you have ignored it. your opinion with racist undertone of black lives matter is so mess up its not even worth a reply :rolleyes:

I mean, go ahead and point it out to me? I will genuinely process it and see if I agree? I have nothing to lose in criticising Trump, and I'm not his biggest fan either.

And again, 'undertones'?

Not a racist. Don't have sympathy for anybody discriminating against anybody else because of the colour of their skin. But BLM is a horrific organisation that causes disruption to nothing but the Black community. They're a little like Greenpeace, bunch of hypocrites jumping on the bandwagon of a good cause, but doing very little and if anything, actually damaging the message of their cause because of how they go about it. That's what I think about it.

While I'm not really qualified to comment, I think it's fairly safe to say that Black lives matter has very little to do with George Floyd as a person and a lot to do with a lot of history going back a long way.

I'm not necessarily fully paid up member of the Biden fan club but when option 2 is man who has literally said he finds his own daughter sexually attractive and was close friends with Jeffery Epstein. Well the phrase "least worst option" comes to mind. That's before you get to any of his other wonderful qualities.

Also BLM didn't storm the Capitol Building in an attempt to stop a democratically elected president from taking office. So Trump supporters certainly did enough to warrant an extraordinary response.

You're always qualified to say what you think, you strike me as a decent person who would hardly have anything degrading to say about anyone I think. I'm all for supporting respect for everybody and exposing / not tolerating racism amongst other issues but how that particular group goes about it, I wouldn't mistake them for the fight against racism. I reckon it's down to us all as individuals to be decent people in our actions and speak up when there's a problem. Where rioting and trying to turn these situations the other direction doesn't solve anything as far as I can see.

Agreed on Trump, not saying he's anyone to look up to, but in my opinion he's no worse than any other politician tbh. It's just more on the surface. I reckon him and Biden can be compared like a chess board, same amount of 'good' and 'bad' squares just in different areas. But I don't expect anyone to agree with me on that.

I think definitely they need to respect a democratic vote. No excuse for storming the capitol no matter what, but it's violence and the reason I compare it to BLM is because theirs was violence too and in both cases I think unacceptable. How the media has been handling this is so different and a lot of people think it's the same issue at hand. I understand some people will see it differently - and in fact all of what I'm saying.

Instead of questioning black lives matter, you should be questioning why it needs to exist in the 21 century. you only have to look at the way the protest that erupted when yet another black guy got shot by the police to the way white people storming a government building was dealt with.

How about... I question whatever I please... Asking questions is not a problem in a free country / society.

Police brutality is a huge problem in the US, but even that is not a race problem like it is painted to be... The statistics certainly don't back it up.

Definitely concerning how easily they were able to storm it / how weak the security was for sure. But with the capitol riots, and BLM, my opinion is the violence is never justified. You only need to look as far as Northern Ireland to see how dangerous it can be to pretend a 'cause' justifies violence... hint: there is no end until we decide the violence needs to end, and progress be made in useful ways: together.

Always a bit puzzling, and disappointing, that when the US have a presidential election, from a country with so many people, they present just two, supposedly the best they can come up with.

Definitely, I can't see why they don't have a queue of people who are smarter, better behaved and much richer than Trump all waiting for their chance to do better - I don't think it would take much. A country the size of the US, it really does make the mind boggle.

I think it's safe to say that Biden has only won on the sheer disgust people feel for Trump, not on any merits of his own, but by token of 'Well at least he's not Trump!'

He's been on record as saying he doesn't support gay marriage, which I thought would be a no-no in the modern US! Lol He's passed a few laws in the 80s/90s that were pretty bad / brutal on ethnic minorities in the US... but hey, he's not Trump is the mantra...

I suppose we'll all continue to watch and see how things go. It certainly was something to live through Trump, not sure we'll see a leader like him again lol (For better or for worse)

Police brutality is a huge problem in the US, but even that is not a race problem like it is painted to be... The statistics certainly don't back it up.

statistics wont show cover ups, until recently a us cop could resign when he has done something racist knowing he wont get away with it, but then go straight away to work in another state police force with no consequences.
If you are white in the us and get pulled by police and innocent you sit there not worried. but if you are a black guy and innocent you sit there scared for your life that when you reach for you licence police can say they thought you was going for a gun and shoot you.

It also exists the uk only difference you have less chance of getting shot, Even Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, the Met commissioner, Britain’s most senior police officer has said there is some justification to allegations that the Metropolitan police is institutionally racist.
do you ever speak to any black or brown people? ask them directly how they are treated, ask them how many time a week someone will say where do you come from and when they reply with their town then get asked " but where do you really come from" even if they are 5 th generation of their family born in the uk. ask them if this has got worse since brexit.

what laws are you refering to in the 80s 90's, Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994? if so have you read all 356 pages or just going by what someone else has said is in it.

Lots of people years ago said they were against gay marriage, even some gay people as they were scared not to when it was illegal to even be gay. thank fully that world is gone in a lot of places.

scariest **** atm is Trump could still press the button as their in no legislation to stop him.

Last edited:
Definitely, I can't see why they don't have a queue of people who are smarter, better behaved and much richer than Trump all waiting for their chance to do better - I don't think it would take much.

My mad hound could do no worse that detrumparse. If decisions were made by voting yes to when his tail wags to the right and no when it wags left the world would improve.

Biden is at least there because he believes in what he is doing, ne has been trying his best for many years with a considerable degree of success. He has two things against him. He is old and somewhat past his prime, and as in this country, prejudice, in his case against his stammer.

So long as the idiot who has been in charge doesn't push the red button before he slides into history the USA and the world has got away lightly.

I call this the detrumparse peach. Like him, it looks like a triple arse from any direction you view it.

Attachments

• Unconventional fruit!.jpeg
    Unconventional fruit!.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
He's been on record as saying he doesn't support gay marriage, which I thought would be a no-no in the modern US! Lol He's passed a few laws in the 80s/90s that were pretty bad / brutal on ethnic minorities in the US... but hey, he's not Trump is the mantra...

I’m not sure that you’ve considered this fully??

Firstly he’s been in politics for many years so is bound to have at time voted for controversial things as he had to vote as a senator along party lines. For everything he has voted for throughout his career have you analysed what the oposite outcome would have been to the votes he made. The weird system in america for making laws means you could have a law to give every citizen a fluffy kitten but someone will have tagged on to that law some thing which saw every citizen gets a poke in the eye. If you don’t vote for the poke in the eye no one gets a kitten and so many of the laws are created like this if you don’t concede one thing then you throw out any opportunity to make a difference, you can’t just choose to not agree to one part or another, it’s all or nothing. Also he has a history he’s been in politics for years and knows how to get things done, is friends with many people from both parties. Trump doesn’t have any experience in politics and look what that’s achieved.... sweet fa, a 4 year period of throwing tantrums to try and get what he wants and what he wants is usually the poke in the eye.

On the point about same sex marriage Biden has been in favour of that and a staunch supporter of same sex marriage for years.

Anyway however you look at it all politics is “picking the best of a bad bunch” people get to become leaders and politicians often not by qualifications but by which party they represent, the voting habits of the areas they live in, the people they know and suck up to within their own party and how they play along once they have there seat.

People in the uk don’t usually vote for the policies of the candidate for there local MP but the views that there party represents even now the huge majority of people decide they are Labour, Conservatives or Liberal Democrat’s and the party that gets the most MPs in Parliament is the party that appoints their own internally selected leader as the next prime minister.

People often see the general election has picking the next prime minister but in truth on a general election no one is voting for the prime minister just the local candidate who if you favour and vote thinking you want Boris Johnson as the next prime minister then you’lo vote for your local conservative candidate who may well be the person in favour of giving everyone a poke in the eye, the alternative maybe a Labour candidate who’s borderline communist, not that it matters as very few people look at the actual person they are voting for or what there track record is. You want BoJO you vote for the candidate that gets you BoJo. At least in america people do vote for the president they want, which also sadly means you get people like trump who can buy there way in, you can’t buy your way to the top of politics in the uk, not like you can in the states

Trump or chump, I said this over four years ago regarding the DONALD as he is referred to here in the Highlands. I would have put money on that he wouldn’t become president. How wrong was I. I’m not going to go over what’s already said about him, but for me it’s almost personal. As a lad back in the 60s I played and roamed at Balmedie beach, a playground that was a magical place for many reasons. Later on in life I took girlfriends there, but that’s a different story.

Balmedie is/was a place of scientific interest regarding the dunes and wildlife. No chance of building anything. Along comes Trump and waves his greenbacks about, saying he will provide houses hotels jobs for hundreds of people if he can build a golf course, money would flood in to the area. Aberdeen council fall for his in my eyes, lies. Councillors and local businessmen back Trump, a councillor is even sacked for voting against the scheme.

Trump bullied people living in the beach area, belittling them in the media to get them out. It really became quite nasty. He even resorted to cutting off water supplies to a household claiming it was an accident :rolleyes: while building started he tried to interfere with things such as trying to stop the wind turbines being erected offshore in view from his golf course. A step too far. Right from the start things never materialised, fast forward to present time, no housing, no extra hotel, very little jobs, and his golf course is losing money yearly.

statistics wont show cover ups, until recently a us cop could resign when he has done something racist knowing he wont get away with it, but then go straight away to work in another state police force with no consequences.
If you are white in the us and get pulled by police and innocent you sit there not worried. but if you are a black guy and innocent you sit there scared for your life that when you reach for you licence police can say they thought you was going for a gun and shoot you.

It also exists the uk only difference you have less chance of getting shot, Even Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe, the Met commissioner, Britain’s most senior police officer has said there is some justification to allegations that the Metropolitan police is institutionally racist.
do you ever speak to any black or brown people? ask them directly how they are treated, ask them how many time a week someone will say where do you come from and when they reply with their town then get asked " but where do you really come from" even if they are 5 th generation of their family born in the uk. ask them if this has got worse since brexit.

what laws are you refering to in the 80s 90's, Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994? if so have you read all 356 pages or just going by what someone else has said is in it.

Lots of people years ago said they were against gay marriage, even some gay people as they were scared not to when it was illegal to even be gay. thank fully that world is gone in a lot of places.

scariest **** atm is Trump could still press the button as their in no legislation to stop him.

The US definitely has a problem in that regard and a lot of work to do, but BLM isn't helping with it whatsoever. Defunding the police isn't helping them either. The UK definitely does not have a problem with 'systemic racism' in government or in the police, these claims are ridiculous.

A lot of people I know who are in that category (who are from the UK) actually say that they don't have any particular issues in that sense, that they've always had equal respect and opportunities and that actually, people tend to have a pretty zero tolerance in schools, workplaces and friend groups should somebody decide to bring up skin colour, which totally checks out in my experience too... e.g. that people do not turn a blind eye to it.

Anyway, my main point was BLM are a load of kn*b r*ts. Don't confuse them with the actual issue / good cause despite its ridiculous, point-missing name.

Definitely, I can't see why they don't have a queue of people who are smarter, better behaved and much richer than Trump all waiting for their chance to do better - I don't think it would take much.

My mad hound could do no worse that detrumparse. If decisions were made by voting yes to when his tail wags to the right and no when it wags left the world would improve.

Biden is at least there because he believes in what he is doing, ne has been trying his best for many years with a considerable degree of success. He has two things against him. He is old and somewhat past his prime, and as in this country, prejudice, in his case against his stammer.

So long as the idiot who has been in charge doesn't push the red button before he slides into history the USA and the world has got away lightly.

I call this the detrumparse peach. Like him, it looks like a triple arse from any direction you view it.

I have to admit, it seems to me like Biden's only here at a placeholder for a planned 'switcheroo', I think once the heat dies down over the Trump controversey we see now that he'll leave office so that Kamala Harris can become president, then they'll be celebrating how they've gotten a first woman president and another non-white president (despite having to play that trick to get her there). Of course, all speculation for now, but there seems to be a strong possibility that it's what they have in store?

I’m not sure that you’ve considered this fully??

Firstly he’s been in politics for many years so is bound to have at time voted for controversial things as he had to vote as a senator along party lines. For everything he has voted for throughout his career have you analysed what the oposite outcome would have been to the votes he made. The weird system in america for making laws means you could have a law to give every citizen a fluffy kitten but someone will have tagged on to that law some thing which saw every citizen gets a poke in the eye. If you don’t vote for the poke in the eye no one gets a kitten and so many of the laws are created like this if you don’t concede one thing then you throw out any opportunity to make a difference, you can’t just choose to not agree to one part or another, it’s all or nothing. Also he has a history he’s been in politics for years and knows how to get things done, is friends with many people from both parties. Trump doesn’t have any experience in politics and look what that’s achieved.... sweet fa, a 4 year period of throwing tantrums to try and get what he wants and what he wants is usually the poke in the eye.

On the point about same sex marriage Biden has been in favour of that and a staunch supporter of same sex marriage for years.

Anyway however you look at it all politics is “picking the best of a bad bunch” people get to become leaders and politicians often not by qualifications but by which party they represent, the voting habits of the areas they live in, the people they know and suck up to within their own party and how they play along once they have there seat.

People in the uk don’t usually vote for the policies of the candidate for there local MP but the views that there party represents even now the huge majority of people decide they are Labour, Conservatives or Liberal Democrat’s and the party that gets the most MPs in Parliament is the party that appoints their own internally selected leader as the next prime minister.

People often see the general election has picking the next prime minister but in truth on a general election no one is voting for the prime minister just the local candidate who if you favour and vote thinking you want Boris Johnson as the next prime minister then you’lo vote for your local conservative candidate who may well be the person in favour of giving everyone a poke in the eye, the alternative maybe a Labour candidate who’s borderline communist, not that it matters as very few people look at the actual person they are voting for or what there track record is. You want BoJO you vote for the candidate that gets you BoJo. At least in america people do vote for the president they want, which also sadly means you get people like trump who can buy there way in, you can’t buy your way to the top of politics in the uk, not like you can in the states

I think here in the UK we've definitely got a far better system. I'm shocked at the US system given that they effectively 'had ours to go by' and from that just changed what they thought they were improving, only to result in what we're seeing there now :eek:

Back