What's made you grumpy today?

Currently reading:
What's made you grumpy today?

You probably need to let it go, it was an illustration of a point. You need to not take any mention of VW as some sort of personal insult.

No, I was being sincere! I actually light heartidly find it funny that they put that there!

It's a good advertisement. Marketers are evil.. except when they come out with something brilliant and that ad I actually think was brilliant!

Thought I better check the corsa over given I've got to drive it for 3 hours tomorrow and Tuesday..(for some reason it was dumped at my house 3 days early).

So recommended tyre pressure = 30.5psi actual tyre pressures, 32, 31,36, 40. Canny bet that would have handled a treat. Pop the bonnet...oh good 20170611_091550.jpg
The rocker cover gasket is leaking but the oil level is currently ok, also the gearbox has a mist of oil on it as well. While I'm aware of the phrase don't be gentle it's a rental this car has done 13k and is less than at year old. Oh and it has very poor brakes, they aren't long they just have no bite, but there's plenty on the discs and pads and the fluid is fine so probably just bad..

Thought I better check the corsa over given I've got to drive it for 3 hours tomorrow and Tuesday..(for some reason it was dumped at my house 3 days early).

So recommended tyre pressure = 30.5psi actual tyre pressures, 32, 31,36, 40. Canny bet that would have handled a treat. Pop the bonnet...oh good View attachment 181337

The rocker cover gasket is leaking but the oil level is currently ok, also the gearbox has a mist of oil on it as well. While I'm aware of the phrase don't be gentle it's a rental this car has done 13k and is less than at year old. Oh and it has very poor brakes, they aren't long they just have no bite, but there's plenty on the discs and pads and the fluid is fine so probably just bad..

How can a one year old car be in such poor shape?!

I see ancient Egyptian Corsa B's driving around in the Republic of Ireland all the time!

It suprises me that people enjoy ragging cars within an inch of their lives while hiring them. Drive briskly fair enough - but like a nutcase??

Trust me, you never want to buy a car I've ever had as a rental even if it's just a few days. It's one thing to hit the rev limiter going up the gear box but it's amazing the extra engine breaking you get coming down an extra cog or two, in which case the rev limiter is pointless, and so are the teeth on the cogs in the gear box.

Trust me, you never want to buy a car I've ever had as a rental even if it's just a few days. It's one thing to hit the rev limiter going up the gear box but it's amazing the extra engine breaking you get coming down an extra cog or two, in which case the rev limiter is pointless, and so are the teeth on the cogs in the gear box.

Careful you don't perform the mystical "money shift"!

Tbf it's very hard to thrash a car on the A1 and M62.. average speed camera and smart motorways however I'm leaving at mid day tomorrow and going to use the M6 and A686.

So hartside pass in a rental...:D

Shame it's not in any danger of pulling rice pudding skins..never has 90bhp felt so anaemic. Can only assume people who buy 1.0 and 1.2 corsas live in flat areas and have no need to be anywhere.

I probably won't buy a rental car then full-stop as, by the sounds of it, you're not the only one - that Corsa in the post above sounds a little worse for wear.
I couldn't do it - drive a rental car like that - I must be 'mechanically squeamish'!

Shame it's not in any danger of pulling rice pudding skins..never has 90bhp felt so anaemic. Can only assume people who buy 1.0 and 1.2 corsas live in flat areas and have no need to be anywhere.

The other week, I was walking past a Vauxhall dealer, and on their forecourt, they had a Corsa Sting 1.4 75ps. Does that mean they've dropped the 1.2 16v TwinPort in favour of a 1.4 8v?

The other week, I was walking past a Vauxhall dealer, and on their forecourt, they had a Corsa Sting 1.4 75ps. Does that mean they've dropped the 1.2 16v TwinPort in favour of a 1.4 8v?

Would appear so, the configurator only lists variations on 1.0 turbo, 1.4 and 1.3 cdti. Imagine it got killed off for emissions reasons.

Careful you don't perform the mystical "money shift"!

Tbf it's very hard to thrash a car on the A1 and M62.. average speed camera and smart motorways however I'm leaving at mid day tomorrow and going to use the M6 and A686.

So hartside pass in a rental...:D

I drove a 90bhp Corsa last year and remember thinking the same. I made the assumption it was just a bit tight or maybe the car was a little 'lardy'. My current TA feels noticeably more rapid - you can't underestimate the importance of torque, it seems.

Back