What's made you grumpy today?

Currently reading:
What's made you grumpy today?

I'll take and read anything, providing there is something to read, which is not often the case.

If the job is going to require some skills like 'writing' then I am going to expect some detail, and would like to see a CV with handwritten covering letter.

Most of the time that is cloud cuckoo land!

Some applications are a downloaded Job centre one with a name and a bit of an address on it and the job they are 'applying' for.

They don't get far in the process.

Cheers

SPD
Oh how I remember that in my Co-op recruitment days. Then people turning up for interviews in jeans or not at all. Joy.

:eek: £15,000 a week at the age of 19! :eek:
Premiership footballer? :D
What he said lol! :eek:
Lucky you :D

My grumps for today.......went walking at Thirlmere, was forecast sunny intervals and guess what? It rained and no sun whatsoever! Due to a missing fence and path marked on an OS map which didn't exist, I spent a lot of time wandering round in the fog trying not to fall off a cliff-edge. Then found my way down, to walk for miles across a bog, again with an alleged path :rolleyes: Admittedly the boots held up well to spending hours up to my ankles in water - and managed not to get pulled off my feet into the bog. I did however lose one of my lovely new walking poles to the bog when I fell over and it went in almost up to the handle and there was no way it was coming back out :(

I was made redundant last year - was announced the day before my birthday (y)

I was unemployed for almost 5 months, I hated every minute of it. Luckily the rate of our mortgage came down so was saving a few hundred quid a month. I wasnt entitled to anything apart from JSA. Because H worked more than 16hours a week then we werent entitled to tax credits and other benefits. In short, because i have always paid my way then i wasnt entitled to anything apart from JSA. After 6 months of being on JSA i wouldnt have got a penny - how fair is that (n)

Any job is better than no job - i wouldnt want another year like last year, but it could have been loads worse.

Anyway, my grump. I have been having issues at work, they have been getting rid of people left, right and centre. But recently they did promise that they would get someone to assist me as i have been doing far too many hours than i should (gratis) due to the lack of time i have to get everything done, so i spent 9 hours in a meeting fighting my corner to jusify getting someone in to assist me and this was granted.

Today due to circumstances i have been told that i wont be getting someone in to help me but due to the circumstances it looks like i will have more to do, which i cannot see how this will be possible without help. I feel all those hours in that meeting was for nothing. I really feel drained by it all :(

I was unemployed for almost 5 months, I hated every minute of it. Luckily the rate of our mortgage came down so was saving a few hundred quid a month. I wasnt entitled to anything apart from JSA. Because H worked more than 16hours a week then we werent entitled to tax credits and other benefits. In short, because i have always paid my way then i wasnt entitled to anything apart from JSA. After 6 months of being on JSA i wouldnt have got a penny - how fair is that (n)

Any job is better than no job - i wouldnt want another year like last year, but it could have been loads worse.

Anyway, my grump. I have been having issues at work, they have been getting rid of people left, right and centre. But recently they did promise that they would get someone to assist me as i have been doing far too many hours than i should (gratis) due to the lack of time i have to get everything done, so i spent 9 hours in a meeting fighting my corner to jusify getting someone in to assist me and this was granted.

Today due to circumstances i have been told that i wont be getting someone in to help me but due to the circumstances it looks like i will have more to do, which i cannot see how this will be possible without help. I feel all those hours in that meeting was for nothing. I really feel drained by it all :(
That sucks :( Sorry to hear that :(

Awwwwww :( :hug: This has been going on for months now, it's getting right in the way of a fun, normal life for you and simply isn't fair. Only do what you can do, don't try and be superwoman because the more you do, the powers that be will think you can cope even when you're falling apart inside and the more they will pile upon you. If it doesn't get done, go home and leave it. If things go tits-up because of it, it's NOT YOUR FAULT. Been, done, movie, t-shirt and I nearly went insane because of it, be strong and don't let the same happen to you :hug:

Awwwwww :( :hug: This has been going on for months now, it's getting right in the way of a fun, normal life for you and simply isn't fair. Only do what you can do, don't try and be superwoman because the more you do, the powers that be will think you can cope even when you're falling apart inside and the more they will pile upon you. If it doesn't get done, go home and leave it. If things go tits-up because of it, it's NOT YOUR FAULT. Been, done, movie, t-shirt and I nearly went insane because of it, be strong and don't let the same happen to you :hug:

Thanks :eek: that was partly the point of this meeting, i have told them i cannot cope, and after the meeting i did feel like a massive weight had been lifted from my shoulders, i was getting days in lieu for working bank holidays which i wasnt getting before etc.

I do hope things do change cos summer is going to be a nightmare otherwise (n)

Wise words Helz. It sounds like a classic example of "give 'em an inch and they'll take a mile".
Loads of big companies now are recognising how damaging it can be to overwork staff. They are now realising that it leads to stress, depression, lack of motivation, apathy etc etc, and it can cost them alot of money in the long run due to sick leave and so on.
Maybe it's worth dropping a few hints to your boss Sammi, because if it's that bad you really need to do something before you make yourself ill with it.

Thanks :eek: that was partly the point of this meeting, i have told them i cannot cope, and after the meeting i did feel like a massive weight had been lifted from my shoulders, i was getting days in lieu for working bank holidays which i wasnt getting before etc.

I do hope things do change cos summer is going to be a nightmare otherwise (n)

But when will you be given chance to take all this time in lieu? :(

:yeahthat: mrs dave was in the same boat before she got her assistant. owed loads of days but couldn't take them because no one could do her job

Mrs Dave got an assistant and she works for a charity, she doesn't know how lucky she is! :eek:

its a massive shop, and her turn over is one of the biggest in the country, they all have assistants
Bloomin' hell, if I don't get this job and get my PAT Testing stuff I'm gonna find a BHF round here! :eek:

Think the nearest is Preston though. :(

Got called into work, while I was rather annoyed I had no work this week (getting too old and expensive for them) I was going to enjoy my lazy friday afternoon, perhaps attack the car and make a dent in my assignments.

But nooooooooooooo, I have to go to work for a 3-hour-waste-my-time-shift.

They ain't that small! :mad:

IMG_1188_1.jpg

Back