General What's it worth?

Currently reading:
General What's it worth?

Final Reduction

6300.00 GBP

Trading in on Thursday

Act now by Personal Message to secure this vehicle.

I will include personal number plate T500 JWM also (never put on car and plates need to be made)

Last call for an absolute bargain, Trading in for Panda (easier access for mum) this Thurday 22/11/12

Final Reduction

6300.00 GBP

Trading in on Thursday

Act now by Personal Message to secure this vehicle.

I will include personal number plate T500 JWM also (never put on car and plates need to be made)

Last call for an absolute bargain, Trading in for Panda (easier access for mum) this Thurday 22/11/12

That is an absolute steal. I'd buy it myself if I didn't already have one.

How does the new Panda compare to the older one, Scamp?

I feel (without any first hand experience) that the Panda has become a v. practical alternative to a 500 rather than being a cheaper inferior model.

Again, you would be in a good position to compare.

Would love some pix - even tho its a 500 forum!

How does the new Panda compare to the older one, Scamp?

I feel (without any first hand experience) that the Panda has become a v. practical alternative to a 500 rather than being a cheaper inferior model.

Again, you would be in a good position to compare.

Would love some pix - even tho its a 500 forum!

I'll be posting up some pics once the rain stops enough to take some!

I have to say I find the Panda a hoot to drive. If you've never driven one I would take a test drive! You're sat high and upright but the controls fall to hand beautifully, the gear shift is gorgeous to use. The cabin is underwhelming after the 500 but as an evolution from the original three door Pandas it's practically a revolution :)

Attachments

• 2012-11-22 15.24.31.jpg
    2012-11-22 15.24.31.jpg
    971.5 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Whens your private plate going on the Panda :devil:

:bang: Errr never :p

Will be making an appearance on ebay very soon though. :)

I really wish I knew what the heck went on in my head the day (and subsequent 10 days I could have cancelled) I bought that. :(
I recall it started looking for alloy wheels :eek:

Last edited:
I'll be posting up some pics once the rain stops enough to take some!

I have to say I find the Panda a hoot to drive. If you've never driven one I would take a test drive! You're sat high and upright but the controls fall to hand beautifully, the gear shift is gorgeous to use. The cabin is underwhelming after the 500 but as an evolution from the original three door Pandas it's practically a revolution :)

I find my Panda and 500 very similar to drive? Obviously the Panda is a bit more roly poly on its smaller wheels and softer suspension with more travel, but they definitely feel related :)

A drunken saturday night at home on the internet? Often happens like that.

I know one friend who ordered about 4 disco strobe lights, and another who ordered a horse milking glove thing once. Both drunk and searching eBay.

ha hah :)

Can't claim I was under the influence of anything apart from the 500 section of the forum, those members motor pictures can be pretty potent :eek:

I find my Panda and 500 very similar to drive? Obviously the Panda is a bit more roly poly on its smaller wheels and softer suspension with more travel, but they definitely feel related :)

Yes definitely from the same family, on the first test drive that familiarity gave me confidence. I'm struggling to find the right words to describe the difference in driving I feel between the two. I do prefer the driving position of the Panda, I feel more engaged when driving it than in the 500. Did I mention that sweet little gear change?
Panda fan James May said there's something about driving a car close to it's limits when those limits are (and this is not a direct quote) err, somewhat limited!
The 500 made me a lazy driver but the Panda rewards my attention and punishes my sloppiness and that's not bad for a car I bought so mum could access and exit painlessly.

Ah well, it went in the end!:)

Have to say I had a semi-serious chat with my wife about buying your car earlier this week. It would have been a crazy thing to do but it would have been like getting our old 500 back with slightly better kit! It sure is sad no-one was able to pick it up for that price, what a bargain it was...

We do miss the 500, no doubt about that. It's daft to feel that way but can't help it really. The new Panda is a great little car, I love driving it and it has made life a hundred times easier with our little boy who turned one last week, but....well, it just isn't quite the same. Meh!

We probably felt like that even more last week as my sister-in-law has just ordered a new 1.2 500 Colour Therapy in Pasadoble Red - to say my wife is jealous would be an understatement....:eek:

sadly the forum just isn't a great place to advertise a 500 IMHO. Most of the people in the 500 forum already have one or have no intention of getting one. IMHO eBay would have been a great place for the op's 500.

Just woken up this thread as I drove past the dealers on Sunday and my old 500 was still there on the forecourt, priced at £7000.

He mainly sells Fords but even so I'm suprised he's not sold it yet, though £7k is probably too much even for a low mileage pop with blue&me and aircon.

I almost felt sorry for the little car :(

I just hope it's gone when I take the Panda in for its 'free mot' in November!

Back