Technical Fiat 500 Dualogic understanding this system and how it operates

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 Dualogic understanding this system and how it operates

Digger Downunder

Hi everyone... There seems to be a lot of confusion with how the Dualogic Trans works. First let's clarify what we are dealing with it is not a Automatic Trans... It is a Manual Gearbox with a hydraulic system to operate the clutch and gear shifts it has its own special Fluid NOT to be confused with the Gearbox Oil.. This hydraulic system operates at high pressure 40 bar + and requires its own maintenance ( often neglected ) this is where most problems develope with the system.... This post is a Basic explainition of how the Dualogic operates.. In future post I will cover some tips. Hope this was helpful......🦘

This is a much needed item. Its a good system to use but frankly the adverse comment on here have meant I wont consider a car so equipped. I have always thought it cannot be that complex and it should equally be possible to repair mechanical defects. Auto doc have been offering some parts recently so if you can share some good info it will be useful to many I am sure.

Hi Everyone... I have joined this Forum out of frustration, misinformation and lack of knowledge being posted on the Dualogic Trans System. I am not a expert by any means I just want to share some tips & procedures I have learnt working on these systems & help fellow Fiat Owers to not waste time & money on faulty diagnosis... 🦘

requires its own maintenance ( often neglected )
Can you please share the details of the maintenance?

I'm sure it will help lots of users. I once posted somewhere on the forum here a list of the steps in the correct order, but cannot find it :)

There's a list of adjustments / calibrations in MES on Dualogic / Selespeed. But as far as I remember the proper order is crucial...

1709684004297.png

:(

Last edited:
Back