General What's it worth?

Currently reading:
General What's it worth?

Hi All

After the recent purchase of my classic Panda I'm not using the 500 much so looking to sell it quickly and without fuss. I don't really want to advertise it privately as seems a lot of hassle for a an extra couple of hundred quid.

Anyway, it's a 60 plate 1.2 pop S&S with a/c, blue and me, FSH with 7600 miles on the clock.

I know the 8k I paid 3 months ago is long gone, what is a realistic price to sell on to the trade?

Lousy time to sell I know.

Last edited:
Hi All

After the recent purchase of my classic Panda I'm not using the 500 much so looking to sell it quickly and without fuss. I don't really want to advertise it privately as seems a lot of hassle for a an extra couple of hundred quid.

Anyway, it's a 60 plate 1.2 pop S&S with a/c, blue and me, FSH with 7600 miles on the clock.

I know the 8k I paid 3 months ago is long gone, what is a realistic price to sell on to the trade?

Lousy time to sell I know.

After a quick internet search Dealers are selling similar for £7.8k or thereabouts.

http://www.motors.co.uk/VehicleDetailsView.aspx?carid=30674888

Not sure what the mark up is for the trade.

what is a realistic price to sell on to the trade?

Take a look here.

You ought to be able to negotiate up from those figures given the very low mileage & desirable options.

Personally I'd be loathe to accept less than £6500 from the trade. At that price, it will likely fly out of the door if sold privately.

Last edited:
Yes JRK, 6.5k seems a reasonable price to aim for trade. I'm awaiting call backs from my two nearest Fiat dealers on monday[one was the supplying dealer] and we'll see what they reckon.
Thanks for the advice :)

When we traded in our old 500 in April for a new Panda we received £6200 for it. It was a 59 plate 1.2 Pop with approx 30k on the clock in BNW with aircon, nothing else.

I think you have a chance of getting near to £7k for it. The price quoted by Parkers is based on a mileage of 20k, so I would imagine your car's mileage will add £150-200 to the price quoted here.

Air con and B&M are definitely good options to have; I used the Parkers premium guide and found that air con added £390 to a standard Pop trade-in price for a car with an identical mileage, age etc. When we bought our 500 it cost £500 as an option, so it held its value pretty well. Also, the premium guide price quoted was within £50 of the price offered by the dealer, so it was worth paying the £3.49 for 24-hour access to a report.

I don't know how much B&M cost you as an option when you bought yours, but it now costs £390 (with the leather wheel added too). Assuming you have both B&M and the leather wheel, I can't see any reason why that wouldn't add another £200 to the price offered as it is a desirable option.

So overall you should be looking at around £6,800 IMO, which isn't too shabby I suppose.

Anyway, wish you the best of luck with your trade-in!(y)

Last edited:
Well no call backs from either dealer, don't really want to chase them as it will appear desperate. I'm more annoyed from the courtesy point of view. :x

They don't even call back when you want to buy something so the chances of a call when you are selling something are slim

I've just put our Fiat 500 on the classifieds too. We've put it up elsewhere for the same price but so far no interest which is a shame :(. I'd rather sell someone who likes 500s rather than just give it to trade buyer like "we buy any car".

£6600.00

which is marginally better than the trade in I've been offered.

Best be quick if you want it, picking up replacement next Friday :)

Time to grab yourselves a decent car at a fair price, folks.

I too would love to see the trade deprived of their rakeoff on this one.

Good luck with the sale.

Back