Technical What's it got?

Currently reading:
Technical What's it got?

Fatblokexl

We are eagerly awaiting our Tech house grey colour therapy Fiat 500 with the blue and me option.
I have noticed in some websites/videos etc a sat nav port in the top of the dash. These weren't our model as far as I can tell and to be honest we don't need one but does anyone know if this is standard fitment across the 500 range or just certain models?

You have to order it, it's called predisposition for tomtom and costs 50 quid. I spotted it after I had ordered my car and called he dealer up a few days later to add it... And the bigger wheels, reverse sensors, dark windows, interscope..... Oops :eek:

Nope it was still £50 when I ordered mine in November (didn't go for it, seemed a dodgy place to put it, right in the middle of a small screen, and the unit is not small!!!)

Agreed. Satnavs should go to the offside of the steering wheel IMO. Eyes should wander towards oncoming vehicles, not away from them.

I thought its a no cost option now

Nope it was still £50 when I ordered mine in November

It started out as a no cost option (but still had to be specified at the time of ordering), which is indicative of the real cost of providing it. Once the manufacturer realised this was something that could be charged for, it became a £50 option :mad:.

A great insight into the mentality of the FIAT corporate (n).

That said, I'd agree with those that think it spoils the line of the dash & puts the satnav in the wrong place. Personally, I wouldn't want it, even if it were free.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Marty Feldman.jpg
    Marty Feldman.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 16
Back