Technical What would you suggest?

Currently reading:
Technical What would you suggest?

Aspect

Im sick of my stilo rolling about in corners. What can i do to stiffen her up? Springs? Alloys?

I like the standard ride quality and don't want to spoil it (which Eibachs will always do to some extent) so I will shortly be fitting Koni Sport shocks and changing to Lesjofors springs at the same time as a safety measure in view of all the breakages! Will let you know how it goes...

I love the stilo but crave more performance, i think just improving the handling should quench my thirst for a while. New springs and some 17's may be the answer for me i reckon.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Cheers mate. After springs, what else could i do? Would the springs make the biggest difference?

Thanks alot mate, ill look into it. Would going from 16's to 17's make a difference in handling or not?

depends really, i had 16's on my old Stilo, got 17's now but the profile was different

Old Stilo - 205/55/16

New Stilo - 215/45/17

so really the actual wheel isn't that bigger at all because they're lower profile, but you do feel the potholes a bit more with the 17's

they do look loads better, especially the 17" claw alloys :D

showfull.php

Same kind of dilemma with me, although being all for OEM stuff this wasn't an option (no offence to anyone, but personally aftermarket stuff has never really appealed to me).

However, I'm now getting all-new suspension off the 150MJet Stilo, which has been redesigned against the spring fracture issue and is much harder, so hopefully it'll ride so much better. Getting 4x springs, 4x shocks, new anti-roll bar drop links (as these were marked on the MOT as being worn) and 2x front top mount bearings (as my passenger one has gone).

Hopefully fitting it this weekend, will let you know the results.

would be good to see the difference rroope as I like the ride height of the Stilo as it is really, only reason I want to change mine is because of the spring fracture and how soft the springs are.

have they changed the design of the shocks as well, or just the springs?

Back