What the hell is this on pc

Currently reading:
What the hell is this on pc

Kernal is used to controls your OS resources, like the Processor and Memory etc.

Some programs are also helped along with the aid of hte Kernal. What happened is when you closed that program that was using Kernal, Kernal was told to go look into an empty space for something that wasn't there that might have been or was meant to be and was confused so it felt the need to tell you.

Maybe there was something on the RAM that gets cleared before Kernal gets there. Dodgy software, as long as it don't happen for all applications I would worry to much.

ME is very very VERY buggy though, I would make the swap to XP and put the "Classic Theme" on so it looks like 98/ME

I found Win98SE to be excellent. WinME was retarded.

WinXPpro has been excellent while running on a capable computer and got better after Service pack II.

Only had to Fix this from a Crazy 3 times in 3 years or so.. averages out at one crazy error per year.

One involved a Format, One involved a Re-Install and the other was fixed from inside Win98SE which I have installed as a back up.

WinXP aint all bad.

I don't have any issues with XP Pro, running it at home 24/7 since I built the machine a year or two back - never needed a format, and very very rarely locks up [that is usually because I have really pushed it with the multi-tasking].

Also got the XP Pros running at work, on the domain (y)

win xp is fine. Built 15 PC's with it last year not one problem. rebuilt 57 PC's in work with it, not one problem.

I work in a council and ME has never been used in my time, and is never on the list of skills required for most IT Tech jobs.
Speaks for itself really for me.......

Back