What speakers??

Currently reading:
What speakers??

CentoEvo

Established member
I'm after a set of speakers to fit in my rear door panels of my sei.
I'm not sure if i should go for 6x9 or 16cm speakers.
I was looking/listening to JBL's GTO935e (which are 6x9)
and they sounded sweet but can anyone recommend any others for around £80.
What shall i go for 6x9 or 16cm[?][?]

"The Not so Fast but Furious"

I'm planning to put 6x9's in the rear panels, but i'm not sure if there going to fit, I just presumed they will cause I had them in the rear door panels in my Uno.

They are Alpine ones (not sure of the model, will find out), they are a all round good speaker, they £99 in halfords but i'm sure u can find them on the net for cheaper.

I have to replace the rear door panels with some MDF cause of the shape of them

Gaz[^][^][^]

Looks Good, Drives Like a Banana

Si - Yeah ive got an Alpine Flex4 amp to power them as well as runnin my components. How much are these e-motions??

Gaz - They will fit i'm making up some mdf panels to fit, but on the drivers side because of the fuel filler neck you can only mount them in the top half of the panel so the magnet has enough clearence.

Cheers for the advice, I haven't checked yet but will be checking very soon, one thing at a time, i'm sorting out the boot and all the wiring for the amps and sub

Gaz[^][^][^]

LOL :D:D
I think its gonna have to be 6x9's or 17cm speakers as 20cm's wont fit, unless i get the grinder out.
I'll try and have a listen to the e-motions somewhere, cheers Si

hi

centoEvo - I've got a set of JBL 16.5cm speakers to fit in there. I took the panel off the other day, and they 'only just' fit. its that close i dunno if its possible to actually get them in. thats a summer task, so if your doing yours soon, Ill be asking for a guide hehe.

have you removed the panels btw, I have only taken off the driver side, and its not actually all hollow, most of it is taken up by the fuel filler.
the passenger side got any obstrutions?

joe turner

Seicento Sporting 2000 X
Black
Black Front and Side Indicaters
JBL ICE + Pioneer DCEH8400 HeadUnit 6x9 in parcel shelf,16.5cm in rear arm rests, 10cm in front)
Abarth badges all round from abarthbadges.co.uk

I've bought those JBL 6x9's in the end, sounded nice compared to others and not to bad at £70 :)
Thanks for the advice peeps

70quid christ. I've got the 935 jbl's in my parcel shelf. i only paid 4quid for em, brand spanking new lol
thats the benefit of having a job at comet, who happens to rip out the car audio section, meaning all stock is sold off a stupid prices lol. we've stil got some stuff. I can get a list of stuff tomorrow which is when I'm next in, if anyone is interested. think there are a couple of headunits, speakers, and possibly a pioneer DAB receiver.

joe turner

Seicento Sporting 2000 X
Black
JBL ICE + Pioneer DCEH8400 HeadUnit 6x9 in parcel shelf,16.5cm in rear arm rests, 10cm in front)

Its all done and sounds really nice.:)
The 6x9's are 3way so ive got another set of tweets right behind me together with my components it gives out a clear non-distorted sound.
:D:D:D

any pictures then m8. I wanna see this, so I can get mine under way

thanks

joe turner

Seicento Sporting 2000 X
Black

Nope sorry mate, my digital cameras bust so i've got the good old APS out. Expect the film to be developed in a week or so.

hi

no rush for photos

have you just cut a hole in the plastic arm rest, or made a new panel out of mdf?

I was thinking about the latter so I could keep the armrest in original condition.

joe turner

Seicento Sporting 2000 X
Black

syphon, I've made my my rear panels from mdf and covered them in acoustic carpet and fixed them onto the car with little wall plugs, very similiar to the fittings on the originals, what i'm wondering is what are the parts behind the panel closet to the seatbelt [?][?][?]

Gaz[^][^][^]

Back