What sat nav

Currently reading:
What sat nav

Kathnted

Hi all new on here have bought a panda 2013 multijet 4x4 would like to use the 68R dock so I don't have wires trailing.don't want a blue&me but if I buy the fiat cradle what's the best tomtom to get that will fit thanks for any help kath

Hi Kath and welcome,

Sorry for not replying sooner I only usually look at the Fiat 500 forum so don't see these questions unless so bored and just looking around on the site.

It is great to have the tomtom with no wires using the Cratt cradle and TomTom.

The best sat nav for your model is the TomTom Go LIVE 1000 (4CS01) but you must have a CRATT2 cradle. The 68R dash slot is common but there are a few different sat nav models with their own bespoke cradles so do need to be matched.

A CRATT2 cradle will cost secondhand around £30 and the basic TomTom Go LIVE 1000 no more than £10 depending on what map version (year update and whether EU and UK/IR maps or just UK/IR) is installed and best to understand these are not easy to update now and no support or warranty available from TomTom but cheap enough to just bin and buy another.

If you did want the TomTom2 BlueMe which is exactly the same model TomTom Go LIVE 1000 just different software then expect to pay anything up to £100 for a secondhand one.

Look for one that comes with a genuine TomTom cable as it is still possible to download the latest firmware and satellite quick search fixes. The cheap copy cables will only act as a power lead and useless for data transfer from computer. If you do not regularly update satellite quickfix then the TomTom can take a while when first switched on to search and locate the satellites.

The LIVE services require a working internal sim card and a yearly payment to contract costs £40 but personally most do not subscribe as far too expensive and best just rely on RDS traffic on the radio.

The TomTom Go 1005 LIVE is a slightly bigger screen 5inches instead of 4.3 inches. It can be just tightly squeezed into the CRATT cradle albeit not for simple in/out removal from the cradle but can be left in the cradle and then the whole unit moved as required from the dash....I don't recommend this approach but it does give a slightly larger view and works OK if not interested in having the cars Blue Me integration. Remember though the TomTom itself has both voice activation and bluetooth built in so it can be a compromise.

Now the one thing to be cautious of is the 12v supply feed to the 68R. This appears from the work we have been doing to be controlled through the cars software programming which may need updating if it has never been 'turned on'. (This can be done without using a dealer but needs software download from Blue&Me website to tell the car it has a TomTom fitted). The CRATT2 cradles may appear expensive but they hold the electronics inside for reducing the 68R 12v supply down to 5.3v and filtering and stabilising for the satnav.

Once you get the basic parts CRATT2 cradle & TomTom Go 1000 LIVE any issues we can walk you through if it does not have power to the 68R.

Farrah

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your reply it was so helpful many thanks kath

I agree with Dave, I have the tomtom live I got it off Facebook market place for £40, with all the accessories. That said it’s no match for a phone satnav i also have the phone holder made by Fiat that fits the socket on the dash. Does connect to the live feed in that socket so a separate usb cable is needed but then if you’re like me the phone is plugged into the usb socket in the car for music anyway

Back