What Should My Next Car Be????

Currently reading:
What Should My Next Car Be????

The MR2 sounds quite tempting i like the look of them and they look good aswell....

i would have to have a black one though with the red seats......(y) (y)

i do like the mini cooper s though but everywhere you look you see a mini....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
clairewarren said:
OK Kurt

just for you i wont get a mini lol

there are nice though :p :p

;) (y)

You cant have a British classic, that has now been made just as big as any other hatchback, with a bmw engine, built somewhere in europe - it's just not right.

Feel free to have an old school cooper (y) now they are cool :cool:

I know that if i went for a cooper s or a mini the Kurt would kill me.....

but they are sssssooooo nice

;) ;) ;) :) :) :) :) :p :p :p :p :p :slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

You have to add up what the cars being used for, if there is lots of running about then new (can then be put on your company's books and get VAT back etc) or near new if buying it as a private car and not part of company.

If new and given your age and experience I would buy a Clio 197, its not much bigger than anything you've had, but much faster and cooler, but still good enough on fuel that if using for business etc and running up a few miles not to hard on pocket and the best bit its less than £16K has 20Kish service interval and you could swing it lower from dealer but I'd try and get the optional Recaro's as they are brilliant seats thrown in rather than wangle big discount as that will make it a better option for selling.

2nd hand Clio 182 Trophey if you can find one with its very trick race spec dampers, you will not beleive how well it handles compared to everything else on the road.

Don't buy a MINI as new one about to come put rendering the old ones values less, unless a good 2nd hand deal, new one gets decent 1.6L turbo engine developed by Peugeot, rather than old Chrylser engine it has at present.

But as with everything, we all have our views and its best that you short list some cars go and test drive them as only you will know what car lights your fire.

clairewarren said:
i have £20,000 to spend on a car so i would like a nice upgrade......
Put a deposit on a Ferrari F430 and hope your business does even better over the next 2 years... :devil:
H

clairewarren said:
my mom said all you need is a litle 1.3 that will do you.

well mines only a little 1.4, with a turbocharger fitted to it :)

doesnt go like a 1.4 though.

2005_0914GTangles0003.jpg

J333EVO said:
You have to add up what the cars being used for, if there is lots of running about then new (can then be put on your company's books and get VAT back etc) or near new if buying it as a private car and not part of company.
Not sure about that one - you can't claim any VAT back on the purchase price of a new car, although you can if it is a van or twin-cab pickup. The only way you could do this is if you said you used it 100% for business [i.e. leasing companies have different rules], which is impossible, lol.

Is she buying the car as a employee/director of a company, or as self-employed? The tax implications are very different.

Last edited:
Stuart DemonD said:
Not sure about that one - you can't claim any VAT back on the purchase price of a new car, although you can if it is a van or twin-cab pickup. The only way you could do this is if you said you used it 100% for business [i.e. leasing companies], which is impossible, lol.

You are correct (y)

The only time VAT can be claimed in relation to vehicles is through leasing. However as most company cars are used by an employee for private aswell as business use, a 50% restriction is put on the VAT relating to the finance charges, not the maintenance element of the lease. If you can prove the vehicle is 100% used for business then you can claim all VAT back. It's not worth trying to bend around that rule, there has been plenty cases where HMRC have successfully prosecuted businesses who have tried their luck.

Also if you go down the company car route, they'll be a benefit in kind tax charge on yourself but this sometimes works out cheaper overall than buying it yourself!

i just wanted a car for me......

I wasnt or havent give it any thought of putting anything through the company.......

I just had the cash left over so i thought that i would treat myself to a new car.......... :)

I need a new car anyway....... (y)

Back