Technical What should i do?

Currently reading:
Technical What should i do?

Hey, hope people can help, my em light came on about 3week ago it was on for bout an hour i had a panic cos it hasnt done this before. After an hour it went off. the problem went away til bout a week ago when it stayed on for bout a day. i know ur meant to take it to fiat to have it checked but i had a look at the engine and the induction kit that i fitted i removed and put the original back on. there was some oil seeping from the paper breather from where it looked like it had clogged up. The light instantly went off then today its come back on :bang: any suggestions or should i go straight to fiat? :confused:

Dave

custard boy said:
1st of all what model /engine do you have?
i assume you mean the ECU light?
when the light is on does it affect the engine performance?

Sorry:eek: , bit early in the morning didnt think.
MK2b 1.216v, no it doesnt really affect the performance of my car, altho i think my clutch is bit high so could need to change that soon.
ECU light thats the yellow one with three lil boxes around a big box?

well hopefully nothing terminal :)
if changing the filter or cleaning it could be an engine sensor was oiled up. look around the same area again.
the guys that know your engine will be on soon. a fault test is about £30-50 IIRC so if that doesnt help and no noe has better info a fault code rear will be your next step

custard boy said:
well hopefully nothing terminal :)
if changing the filter or cleaning it could be an engine sensor was oiled up. look around the same area again.
the guys that know your engine will be on soon. a fault test is about £30-50 IIRC so if that doesnt help and no noe has better info a fault code rear will be your next step

Thanks custard boy, uve given me a bit more peace of mind :) il check it later on as im at work :devil:

crazy

Just thinking back to my trip to work this morning, i was at the lights, i was daydreaming for a min, then when i went to set off the car had stalled, but i dint notice it or feel it, it jus cut out. is that bad? :confused: my car loves to be tempramental

Just on my lunch hour went to check the car and the light is still on, so think il need to take it home and give it all a good clean before i spend £50 on a check up.

Back