General What one thing would you change?

Currently reading:
General What one thing would you change?

Wouldn't dream of shooting you down Super Uwe, too useful a member to just waste on target practice, but I don't think there is any rain sensor fitted. In fact, the variability, (which may be speed related, I can't say as I have noticed it myself) should work even if it wasn't raining in that case.

No worries, pleased not to be shot this time:D

Just remembered the rear wiper comes on when reversing when it's raining as well. Not sure if that's related to the front wipers being on at the same time or not, but it's a nice touch.

Can't remember if this has already been said - bigger fuel tank. I hate going to garages (even though I've mastered the fiddly fuel cap).

Can't remember if this has already been said - bigger fuel tank. I hate going to garages (even though I've mastered the fiddly fuel cap).
Brim it and run it low. I've had just a touch over 500 miles from a tank in my 500 :)

A few things here that id like to see changing on the 1.3mjd

1) Seats a few inches further down, even at their lowest their still high and im by no means large at 5.11

2) Turning circle is abysmal for such a small car. I tried a 1.2 previously and it was much better.

3) Bit more composure over bad roads.

4) Better quality/ feel indicator stalks, only minor but is annoying they are so feeble feeling.

Anything else would be a minor gripe. All in all a great little car with a few minor letdoens.

Funnily enough I think the 500 does actually have variable speed intermittent wash wipe; it's just you can't control the speed yourself!:D

Am happy to be shot down by others on here but I swear the intermittent wash wipe setting goes at different speeds depending on the heaviness of the rain.

:shrug:

Tis speed related as I said :) Can't remember what the changeover speed is though. I wouldn't shoot Super Uwe either :p

That's interesting to know - thanks for the info!! Sadly all of my journeys are 30/40mph limits so I don't think I have benefitted from the variable thing yet :(

In fact now I think about it - I've not had the car above 40mph yet (and no I'm not some granny driver, it's just typical of the sort of journeys I do)

I feel a blat coming on at the weekend :p let Fifi breathe a bit!

I hated the suspension, so now I have Spax adjustables all round.

What I can't change which I would is to allow the radio console to control the media player as well as the wheel controls.

Rules are:
1, it cannot be an option (on the UK car).
2, it must not have already been chosen by someone else in this thread.
3, you can't say "the price".

Multiair engine with a turbo (in low boost form like the one in the Evo Sporting) returning <120grms/km with a manual 6 speed gearbox.

My orders are:
Rear DRLs
Have a less stupid fuel cap.
Be able to turn the engine off and the ipod carry on playing.

:)

My orders are:
Rear DRLs

Rear DRL's are a no no.

As gets pointed out time and time again. If two cars are travelling along a road, one at 50mph and one at 60. The closing speed is 110mph if they're heading in opposite directions. If the car doing 60 is following the car doing 50 then the closing speed is 10mph. 11 times slower and 11 times the reaction time. Rear DRL's would reduce the visibility of brake lights and that's a no no.

If you're worried that people can't see you from behind then put your headlights on.

My orders are:
Rear DRLs

I would second that. I still haven't mastered the 'art' after nearly 2 years !

A question for S/S drivers:
If the engine goes off in S/S mode does the aux feed / or USB cable hook up stop working ?
Also my bluetooth still works on my '09 after I turn the car off if I'm still on the phone (I understand it keeps working for 15 minutes). Does the bluetooth work 'at all' in the S/S when you in 'stop' mode so that the B&Me engages if the mobile rings ?

Rear DRL's are a no no.

As gets pointed out time and time again. If two cars are travelling along a road, one at 50mph and one at 60. The closing speed is 110mph if they're heading in opposite directions. If the car doing 60 is following the car doing 50 then the closing speed is 10mph. 11 times slower and 11 times the reaction time. Rear DRL's would reduce the visibility of brake lights and that's a no no.

If you're worried that people can't see you from behind then put your headlights on.

An auto sensor for 'headlights coming on automatically' could be a good thing if the activation of that feature could be turned on & off through the 'menu'. It's surprising how many drivers who forget to put their lights on when it gets dark until they're flashed. On a car that has DRLs they could be driving around longer before they 'cope on'.

Exactly. What we should have is NO sidelights so drivers can't see what speed they're doing in the dark unless they have their headlights on.

Back