Styling what mods should i do to my car?

Currently reading:
Styling what mods should i do to my car?

Just looked at the last few pages, what a lovely example of a GP you have! Great work. :)

EDIT: Prefer it without the pheasant, fyi.

Thanks a lot :) I like to keep things simple

Hello mate, sorry to hear of your run in with a pheasant. Hopefully the repair wont cost you an arm and a leg mate.

Thanks mate, hopefully not! Just hope it doesn't happen again once it's fixed haha

That's just mega fail on his part :p.

In my defence I posted before you posted the link ;) :p

I was having a little look at the bumper and it turns out the silver bit behind the hole.. was the bit for the hole. It had been pushed through. So I pulled it out and put it back where it should be so now doesn't look all that bad! However I also noticed as the grill ripped out, it took 7 of the 8 little 'clip holder' bits where the grill clips in. All the bottom ones and the sides are fine, but only 1 of them survived on the top so if a grill doesn't want to stay in again I'll just have to glue it in (y)
Plus while I was outside I thought I'd better make some sort of grill as a temporary until I can get hold of a replacement

391884_10151174086401918_2070438299_n.jpg

Last edited:
After having a nose on fiatforum at other people who have used eibach sportlines, my car doesn't look anywhere near as low. The back is about the same (I do have a sub in the boot though), but then the front is so much higher than others I've seen. Obviously a large contributing factor is the engine, especially compared to the heavy diesel engines but other petrol engines won't weigh much more than mine, so why is the front so high? And is there anything I can do to make it lower?

Is that....chickin wire? Haha :slayer:

Glad you'e sorted that nasty dint out, to a degree. Does look alot better, almost looks like its a styling trait how it has the semi-circle almost centre above the grill.

Also i'm running Eibach Sportlines, how does yours compare to mine then. I'll try and get a good side on photo of my car on the flat up on my thread as i need to update with new mods ect anyway. But will be good to compare the two. I've often thought mine sat quite high still, but compared to standard it is lowww still. Mines a 1.4 8v, so quite light compared to those running the same springs on Diesel engines.

Just flicked back two pages and remembered you've not long fitted them. Give it a month or so to fully settle in. The initial photo's seem to be sitting pretty much how mine is currently. Which isn't huge lowwws for sure, but isn't standard so its a big +.

I'll still get a photo of mine up properly tomorrow.

After having a nose on fiatforum at other people who have used eibach sportlines, my car doesn't look anywhere near as low. The back is about the same (I do have a sub in the boot though), but then the front is so much higher than others I've seen. Obviously a large contributing factor is the engine, especially compared to the heavy diesel engines but other petrol engines won't weigh much more than mine, so why is the front so high? And is there anything I can do to make it lower?

What engine is it? It would make a difference but barely a noticeable amount I should think. Couple of concrete slabs or some bags of coal for a month? lol failing that, coilovers ;)

Is that....chickin wire? Haha :slayer:

Glad you'e sorted that nasty dint out, to a degree. Does look alot better, almost looks like its a styling trait how it has the semi-circle almost centre above the grill.

Also i'm running Eibach Sportlines, how does yours compare to mine then. I'll try and get a good side on photo of my car on the flat up on my thread as i need to update with new mods ect anyway. But will be good to compare the two. I've often thought mine sat quite high still, but compared to standard it is lowww still. Mines a 1.4 8v, so quite light compared to those running the same springs on Diesel engines.

Yep, chicken wire ;) was a temporary until I got another but I found my grill on the road so it's back to normal now :D yeah the damage is certainly better than before, not noticeable unless you're close.
Yeah I suppose to standard it is low, as before I had abarth springs in which were slightly lower than standard so I guess I saw less change.

Just flicked back two pages and remembered you've not long fitted them. Give it a month or so to fully settle in. The initial photo's seem to be sitting pretty much how mine is currently. Which isn't huge lowwws for sure, but isn't standard so its a big +.

I'll still get a photo of mine up properly tomorrow.

Been about 3 weeks, and done quite a lot of miles in that time, thought it would of settled down by now :/ true true! Definitely better than standard at least. Cheers that'd be helpful :)

What engine is it? It would make a difference but barely a noticeable amount I should think. Couple of concrete slabs or some bags of coal for a month? lol failing that, coilovers ;)

1.2, shouldn't be a huge difference between this and a tjet. I'm really contemplating coilovers now, just for the adjustability, might have to treat myself for christmas as I love slammed cars :p

coilovers are great mate...but from experience, depending where you live, try and get the most expensive ones you can realistically afford. I bought some second hand JOM bluelines and although im young, the bumps round where I live are amplifiied 1000x with coilovers. Good for a bit, but I wish i had saved and bought better ones.

coilovers are great mate...but from experience, depending where you live, try and get the most expensive ones you can realistically afford. I bought some second hand JOM bluelines and although im young, the bumps round where I live are amplifiied 1000x with coilovers. Good for a bit, but I wish i had saved and bought better ones.

Hmm yeah I think that's probably a good suggestion. I live in the country where the roads are poor, and around town at college there are a lot of speedbumps and man hole covers etc

then seriously try and get the best you can without compromising comfort. Most of the roads near me arent too bad but honestly, if you buy the cheapest (like i did), the roads you once thought were flat will become filled with holes you never even knew were there. not tryin to make you spend up btw, just saying from experience :)

I find the drop on the springs is hard to notice really. Maybe because the Sporting is low as standard and I've got a 1.9 diesel but how I noticed was my hydraulic jack used to slide under and lift. No I need to grab the arch and pull like a mofo, kick the jack under the side skirt and all sorts to get it lifted. So that definitely convinced me it was at least a 40mm drop at the front, not so much at the back but then my boots only ever got clothes stored in it, nothing heavy enough. Springs have been fitted for about 4-5 weeks now also!

Definitely lower then if you struggle to get the jack under! But yes the 1.9 diesel is definitely lower than a 1.2 standard :p
I did have abarth's in before hand though so I guess it looked like less of a drop. Just annoying how the rear is okay but the front is still high, which is the place I really want it low -.-

After having a look around etc, it turns out I can get insurance on a Corsa SRI 1.7 diesel cheaper than the insurance is on my car, so I've decided I'm going to try and sell my car. As I'll be going to uni in September for 4-5 years, I want to enjoy driving until then and with my long commute to college and work a diesel is a better option.
So anyone reading this, my car is for sale in the classifieds because that's where all adverts should be as T would be pretty p*ssed off especially as it's sunday night and he has to go back to work tomorrow as if he isn't grumpy enough as it is!. The mileage is 31,000 (will slightly increase due to use). The car has just had a full service including oil, coolant, fluids, filters, spark plugs, front brakes. Pretty much everything about this car is on the thread so if there is anyone interested in purchasing my car and there is something they want to know, then just send me a message and I'll help in any way I can! This car has been my pride and joy for the last 11 months and has been looked after thoroughly. The damage on the bumper is the only bad point I can think of on the car, but this would be about £50 to get filled and painted properly. Thanks everybody

Last edited by a moderator:
Back