What is with this forum??

Currently reading:
What is with this forum??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, let me say that I think this is an excellent forum. It's invaluable for advice and the depth of knowledge amongst the members is superb.

But...

What is with people coming on here extolling the virtues of other car brands? [?]

If I wanted to read about other cars I'd log onto another forum. The most blatant example of this is this thread:

https://www.fiatforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6223

This chap posted asking whether or not we would recommend a Stilo only to be told to go and buy a Renault Megane! I'm sick of this. I was under the impression that this was a forum for Italian car enthusiasts and Fiat owners. To me this is unacceptable.

I'm not being narrow-minded either. I've owned non-Italian cars.

I know there are a certain amount of enthusiasts here, but the majority of members can't seem to wait until they get rid of their Italian cars and buy Jap/French cars. That's fair enough, but do we need to hear about that every single day?

This isn't a dig at anyone. I've just had enough, I'm sure others feel the same. Please remember folks that this is a Fiat forum, for Fiat cars. By all means talk about other car brands, I'm all for that. But the line has to drawn somewhere in my opinion, and at the minute there is no line.

www.forzafiat.com - the online resource for Fiat owners
<h6>
Click here for pictures of my Uno
Click here for pictures of my Brava </h6>

have to agree here, sure its a site for open views, but do you see saxo forums with pages upon pages of "Finally got rid of my saxo! getting my focus soon!" kinda thing? think not.

Cinquecento Sporting,
and yes it is indeed Broom Yellow \o/

well i do want a DMC-12 ;) (Delorean by the way)

But I agree... This is a Fiat Forum and should have talk only about Fiats (unless we're talking about how superior fiats are compared to, say, vauxhaul :p.

Whats the point in coming on a fiat forum if you dont even like your fiat! Why not just sell it and get what you think is better... if you cant afford what is better then shut ya fat gob cause we dont care. Just dont go telling us we should sell our fiats just because you want a Megane

Uno "Fire" 999cc
Lowered 40mm Uprated Gmax shock & Spring system
Fox Evo3 15" Alloy Wheels
3" Rage Backbox
E-Tech hatch Spoiler
2x 450W 12" Custom Built Bass Box
2x Pro Audio 6x9s
Sony SPL-X 500W Amp

You Like?

I see what you mean but it is nice to keep in touch with older members such as Donz and Centoevo :(

Im the one with the tat mobile...cheap and nasty is my first, middle and last name.

Bushboy
Go for it m8 :).lol.
I agree, we got a renault espace as well as my punto but i only come on here to discuss my punto.
Come on lads and lasses if you wanna recommend a non-fiat do it via PM's PLZ :)

Sexy Black 3 door Punto With Wicked Yellow Interior.

At least the person who started the thread was on about a Fiat and the person who was making the comment about the Megane was a Fiat owner!! :D

Im the one with the tat mobile...cheap and nasty is my first, middle and last name.

maybe we should stop people talking about other things too, so unless the post is actually to do with a fiat then it can't be posted, infact perhaps ben could write a script to prevent the 'submit reply' button from working until the word 'fiat' has been entered in the post

pffffft.

SEI POWER

NOS Guzzlers are just lower beings :D

we have a general non fiat section so i dont think it is unreasonable to ask that posts outwith this are fiat related,the afore mentioned thread veers way of topic and perhaps posts such as this are PM material.that is not to say that other marques should not be mentioned at all as i enjoy reading posts on cars that former fiat owners have purchased and these cause 'friendly'(ahem) banter and also i have on more than one occasion used experience with another marque to help with fault quereies.were not zealots (much) but the thread asked for an opinion on chaging one fiat for another fiat,suggesting other marques clouds the issue and as i sayed is perhaps more suited to a PM or new thread in the non fiat section although Donz i welcome your viewpoint and am not saying you or I am right its all opinions.thats what the forums for,constructive views and arguments without purile foot stomping temper tantrums as have been viewed on some threads of similar material;)

The Fiat Cinquecento
Fun While It Runs

What about Ferraris? [8D]

I've always wanted a drive in a Fiat 550 Maranello, or one of those Fiat F40s.. :)

Spirito di Punto | M-reg 55SX, black, 5dr. Clear repeaters. I'm fitting remote locking this week!!

LOL at pete :D

Ps thought I would say POCKET ROCKET & mmmmmmmmmmmmmm findus Crispy pancakes...!!!!!

Just to jog the old memory! ;)

Let me just say, there are 2 types of people on FC. The first own fiats, come on here, and talk Fiat, various problems and styling questions.

But after a while, they become the second type of person on FC. The person that has been posting for a while, and make friends, and then it becomes more in depth conversations. An example would be Donz. He brought a new non-fiat motor, and took a few snaps, and posted them up, to inform people on here, who i'm sure he'd class as friends, that he'd brought a new car!

I've not explained my point at all well here, so i shall sum it all up by saying that strangers/new people on here ask questions. Regular users tend to chew the fat a little.

Although a valid point by Steve, this particular area of the forum is 'anything goes' so i guess this is the place to chat non-fiat if needed! Kinda like smoking in a non-smoking area :)

Another day...another problem...

Yes, I believe far back it was infact nigel that was complaining the posts were non fiat related, which was why the Anything Goes forum was created... There is also a section on 'Other Cars' (i think, or maybe i deleted it ... [?])

SO basically, keep fiat talk in the fiat sections, and anything else... no prizes... ;):p

ben
rave.gif

bravo 1.6sx
looks: momo twin 17" alloys, debadged, smoked headlights, black side repeaters, smoked rear clusters, midnight window tint
feels: apex 40mm lower springs, apex sports shock's, k&n 57i induction
sounds: pioneer deh-7400mp, pioneer tse-6995 (rear)

Yes Boss :D

Disclaimer: Any incorrect lexicography or grammar is entirely the fault of your eyes

The post I had problems with is in the "Fiat Related" section.

This is after all a Fiat forum and I feel we should be promoting Fiat cars. The chap that posted the thread wanted advice on upgrading from a Bravo to a Stilo, this isn't on.

What is the admin view on this? Personally I think that the person that posted this should be Pm'ed by admin and asked not to do this.

I have no problem with the like of Donz, he's been here a lot longer than me. This is a great forum and I'd hate to see it going downhill. It should be a sanctuary for Fiat enthusiasts and owners, because God knows that we get it hard elsewhere.

I'm not trying to be awkward or stir anything up, but I do think something needs to be done from an admin/moderator point of view rather than Ben posting here which will have little or no effect.

I'm not the only one here thinking this. Twincamms and Alfanige both expressed similar concerns recently and I think you should listen to them.

www.forzafiat.com - the online resource for Fiat owners
<h6>
Click here for pictures of my Uno
Click here for pictures of my Brava </h6>

ironically i have had *conflicts* with both twincamms and alfanige ;)

generally i'd agree with fiat stuff in fiatforum (am i still allowed to call it that?)but threads normaly take their own course and can often go off topic, which isn't nesecarily a bad thing. But there is an anything goes section where anything should go....

SEI POWER

NOS Guzzlers are just lower beings :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back