General What have you bought so far?

Currently reading:
General What have you bought so far?

Whats it like on lowered springs - i have been thinking about dropping mine about 35mm to make the wheels fill the arches a bit better, when i lowered my punto the ride was a little harsh and noisy although it does handle really well.

Apologies for the delay, I've been away cruising the med.

It's great on Eibachs, much better turn in, feels more solid & secure. Ride on 16's is not noticeably worse, not that it's good in the first place! It did stop the slightly annoying bobbing up & down though.

Highly recommended & yes it look much better as well

Apologies for the delay, I've been away cruising the med.

It's great on Eibachs, much better turn in, feels more solid & secure. Ride on 16's is not noticeably worse, not that it's good in the first place! It did stop the slightly annoying bobbing up & down though.

Highly recommended & yes it look much better as well

Great to hear positive words about that.
I will lower mine too, but with H&R springs.
They lower the car 20mm at the front and 35mm at the rear...
...so the car is literally parallel to the road.

+ H&R supplies two kits. One for 1.2, and the other for 1.3 and 1.4.
They did that because of difference in weight between the cars.

Last edited:
Great to hear positive words about that.
I will lower mine too, but with H&R springs.
They lower the car 20mm at the front and 35mm at the rear...
...so the car is literally parallel to the road.

+ H&R supplies two kits. One for 1.2, and the other for 1.3 and 1.4.
They did that because of difference in weight between the cars.

Obviously with H&R springs the results may be totally different. Remember that the Eibach Pro springs are NOT out & out sport springs (they have a different model to cope with that) so the ride is still good, if the H&R springs are indeed sports springs the ride may be considerably harder

Well the wait for the car continues...
Ive ordered a usb extender (so i dont wear the original one out!)
And the shoulder harness pads ,to protect against seat belt rubbing against the neck as reported by a couple of people so far!!:)

Was bored last week and spent a bit of time on the net and added the following things while waiting for my 500 (already have the Carpet mats, Tax disc holder and silver toy 500) :-

Rubber Floor Mats
Italian flag badges
Italian flag 500 keyring
Black Barcode key cover
Black Fragrance Dispenser
Refill for above

Oh and have ordered the boot protection liner aswell.

Last edited:
Ordered sports alloy pedals on eBay from a Fiat dealer last week but sadly they have to be sent back on Saturday for reasons I posted earlier today - see post in Styling thread.

I bought Sparco pedals today.

I need:-

a) headrest hook in black
b) rear mudflaps (and why on earth are there NO front mudflaps??)
c) mobile phone holder

And that should be it for the time being.

Ordered sports alloy pedals on eBay from a Fiat dealer last week but sadly they have to be sent back on Saturday for reasons I posted earlier today - see post in Styling thread.

I bought Sparco pedals today.

Thanks for your posts on the pedals (y)
I quite like the look of the headrest hook but not a priority as yet, but in the coming weeks it might!!!

Last edited:
The only thing Ive bought my 500 is a Luigi air freshener & a Luigi keyring for my new keys :eek:
But i only ordered the car 3 weeks ago and still have to wait until November for her.
My dealer let me have £250 worth of extra for free so i chose the 500 mats & I'm getting my private plate transferred from my Beetle onto the 500, so i wont be needing any mats, but id like a chrome tax disc holder with the 500 logo engraved on the back so that could be my next purchase (y)

The only thing Ive bought my 500 is a Luigi air freshener & a Luigi keyring for my new keys :eek:
But i only ordered the car 3 weeks ago and still have to wait until November for her.
My dealer let me have £250 worth of extra for free so i chose the 500 mats & I'm getting my private plate transferred from my Beetle onto the 500, so i wont be needing any mats, but id like a chrome tax disc holder with the 500 logo engraved on the back so that could be my next purchase (y)

Im confused. You chose a set of mats, but you're transferring your private plate, so you wont be needing any mats? What does transferring your plate and needing (or not needing) mats have to do with each other? and why did you choose them if you dont need them?

Which dealer did you order from? Were they any good?

Im confused. You chose a set of mats, but you're transferring your private plate, so you wont be needing any mats? What does transferring your plate and needing (or not needing) mats have to do with each other? and why did you choose them if you dont need them?

Which dealer did you order from? Were they any good?

Right ive lokked over what you've said a few times and each times it confusses me more:confused:
I've had free mats, so i dont need to buy any & Im having my private plate transvered for free - Understand? lol
Bought my 500 from Griffin Mill in treforest.

I see! You dont need to *buy* any mats. That makes sense. The way you wrote it made it sound like because you were transferring your plate, you didnt need any mats. Which is bonkers! :)

You'd have your plate transferred for 'free' anyway as youre already paying for it as part of your registration fee.

It'll be good to see another white sport nipping around these parts :)
All ive seen so far are a couple of red ones and a cha cha blue one.

Last edited:
Just rang dealer to ask them to add the bonnet chrome strip and the A bar chrome strip and some ivory edged 500 mats! Woo hoo!!!! Very excited...cant wait to see it.

Back