Styling What colour for the calipers then?

Currently reading:
Styling What colour for the calipers then?

Gloss silver sounds like it could be nice. You only have discs at the front? It might look a little odd with sporty red calipers, but then having none at the back? Maybe.

If gloss silver looks more like machined metal, (ish), I think it could look really nice. Black would be fine as well, keeping it simple. Silver would go with the blue too.

Charlie -

On the stilo I had and the punto (still got) it was calipers sliver and the caliper frame a mix of 50/50 silver and gold to give them the cadmium plated look they had when new.

Looked pretty smart.:cool: Have been thinking of doing the same to Bj this summer.

I've been thinking about painting mine green.
But since I've seen the chav comments it has put me off a little... boo!

Still thinking about a nice italian flag type green, probably go for black or silver.

Was bored today - and not being able to go anywhere with the split engine breather pipe (still have the headache a day later:()
I did this to my callipers and hubs to smarten them up a bit.:D

Attachments

• Image003.jpg
    Image003.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • Image004.jpg
    Image004.jpg
    752.3 KB · Views: 41
Was bored today - and not being able to go anywhere with the split engine breather pipe (still have the headache a day later:()
I did this to my callipers and hubs to smarten them up a bit.:D

Looks great, i would have painted the bit you left silver, im glad i've seen this now but now not sure which bit to paint, i like the gold thou.

I want to paint mine a rich golden yellow but the kit in halfords is a horrible primer yellow and looks nasty. I like the smooth hammerite colour, not sure if it will stay on in high temps though.

Any advise please.

Looks great, i would have painted the bit you left silver, im glad i've seen this now but now not sure which bit to paint, i like the gold thou.

I want to paint mine a rich golden yellow but the kit in halfords is a horrible primer yellow and looks nasty. I like the smooth hammerite colour, not sure if it will stay on in high temps though.

Any advise please.

Hi - the sliver bits are painted - i just like the original look:D

The calipers don't get that hot to be honest - the paint i've used is the plastikote enamel from wilkos brush painted on (The stuff in the small jars not the spray) , I've used it on several of my cars and the punto we've still got was painted 4 years ago and they still come up fresh when cleaned - no flaking or blistering(even on the disk hubs) - it goes on better if you thin it down with a small amount of celulose thinners - drys quickly too so you can get 2 good coats on but i'd leave it for at least a couple of hours before driving for all the solvent to flash off otherwise you may get blistering of the paint.

The two colours i've used are Chrome and Brass.

Almost finished rebuilding a spare set of callipers
Apparently when Gucci designed the 500 there was an option from factory for Gucci green callipers!
So 2 birds one stone: I got to rebuild and understand how they work and get my Gucci green callipers ?
Just waiting on my new pistons then they will hopefully be ready to fit!
I’m also going to refurb my original set so I have spares
What a job it is getting the seals in!!! Not fun at all!

Attachments

• 290C0B3D-0A1E-42DC-9A25-AA4EE8BB54F4.jpeg
    290C0B3D-0A1E-42DC-9A25-AA4EE8BB54F4.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
Back