Technical Radios stations unavailable for a few seconds then unavailable then back

Currently reading:
Technical Radios stations unavailable for a few seconds then unavailable then back

Lonewolf70it

I noticed from few weeks that my radio at start plays a radio station for few seconds then no more stations are unavailable for a while...then the radio station plays again as normal after a few miles.
What could be the reason??? Could it be a wiring fault? I tried to clean my antenna but no joy... My car is a Fiat 500 2019 and in UK.
Tyia!!!

Last edited:
Dab I usually listen... I didn't try FM or AM..and yes the original station left starts playing after few miles

Try fm, if that's OK it's probably a reception issue
I did try FM and it worked all the way...so it seems a DAB signal problem then...any way on how to solve the issue or just leave it as it is??? Can't this be reported to some government body???

Try this site to see if there's any transmitter work in your area, it's possible one is off for maintenance?

Try this site to see if there's any transmitter work in your area, it's possible one is off for maintenance?
I tried the site and it seems no issues with dab transmitters/antennas.
I have no more clues now.

Update on this one: all of the sudden everything is working fine...I didn't do anything..no reset..no rescan station...nothing ... It's very strange!!!

Last edited:
Update on this one: all of the sudden everything is working fine...I don't D not do anything..no reset..no rescan station...nothing ... It's very strange!!!
check the connection under the rear trim, not the aerial but the join on the cable, mine had poor connection and just needed a clean due to moisture under the headliner.

check the connection under the rear trim, not the aerial but the join on the cable, mine had poor connection and just needed a clean due to moisture under the headliner.
My radio is not like the one showed on this clip...I have the screen were my sat NAV show and radio is digital.. it's a 2019 fiat 500...I wouldn't even try to get behind that with the proper tools that I don't have...sorry...
I might have a look at the aerial part..

Back