What Car Should I Get

Currently reading:
What Car Should I Get

I am a big fan of Land Rovers, but I bought a new Freelander TD4 in 2001 and sold it nine months later. Having been used to BMW's, it was a let down on the refinement for the price it cost. The 1.8 petrol versions pop head gaskets like their going out of fashion and the viscous coupling isn't cheap.

We now have a Discovery 3 TDV6 Auto now and it is possibly the best car ever made and much better than my BMW 5 Series.

If you want a 4x4 then the Freelander is great, but as a prestige car I wouldn't advise it.

face lift (01>) audi A3 1.9tdi 110pd.
can be had for circa £5, very economical, a damn site cheaper to insure than an audi6, and probably more fun to drive. as most audi's have nill driver feedback, completly numb. but means you can drive 3-400miles in a day and not be worn down as much as you would in something lesser.

stilo jtd would be nice., although seen as you hav the all essential cash, it would be better to have the 147 jtd.

if your after a bigger car, 156 jtd (sportwagons are sht hard to get hold of, let alone a diesel), or 166 :cool:

you could probably get a 2yr old private saled 166 for good money nowadays :yum:

I bought a brand new Fabia vrs in june 05 at the grand total of 12.5k I owned it a whopping 6months because it broke down leaving me stranded twice and major things broke on 3 other occasions.

The biggest problem was the brake vacuum servo failure (common apparently on vag hatchbacks :eek:) this caused the brakes to lock on (no ABS!) when I was doing 70mph+ how I didn't crash it I don't know!.

Needless to say it was a great reason to get rid of the f**king car thus traded it in against a Grande Punto Sporting fully loaded and never looked back!. I quite often forget I ever owned a fabia mainly because it was a boring forgettable under steering piece of s**t.

Ok Ok i get the point.....maybe i'm wrong!! I would now like to admit that i have just purchased the New grande punto sporting and yes it is fab!!!!:slayer:

Have i done something wrong??? Bin on here 12 hours and you are all being abit funny??? Problem? Tell me don't want to be upsetting people!

I only get 25 MPG In my 1.6 petrol

I think im going to finnish doing up the stilo first take a photo of it then sell it ive gone to far not to finnish it. Got the carputer on the way and gonna do some freelance work to get some alloys and other bits.

Then i think maybe a Mondeo and do it up properly.

Have you thought about a croma :confused:

one of them might be just within your budget (with the 120 mj engine though) (y)

they have a large boot, are specced well, and are comfy :p

2.0 TDCI engine, what trim, Zetec or Ghia (or even Ghia X) :D

you should be able to find one 2 or 3 years old with 5/6k easily (y)

Yeah seems quite feabable as i said i think i want to finnish this car first which will probably take me a while seen a lovely set of alloys cant remember the name so i cant find them anywhere other than a shop near me but they have them at a good price anyway so thats on the Ajenda after the carputer and after the Remap and possibly after some strut bars. I know it sounds a lot but i will by some miriacle come up with all the money and get it all done by the end of Feb. I know that my new Job had a lot of work on so overtime at time and a Half every day should boost the car fund and maybe i can get some freelance work on the weekends should be able to get £20 an hour so four hours on a suturday morning and a couple on a sunday should be good.

That makes an extra 12.5x10=125
20x6 =120
=245x4
about a grand extra a month - tax if i really work my arse off.

good choice for a mondeo i think you will be happy with it if thats what you wish to go for.

You will **** easy find one at 2/3 yrs old for 5/6k

www.fordmondeo.org if you want some pics of of modded mk3's etc and a mondeo dedicated forum

Back