Styling Well its arrived

Currently reading:
Styling Well its arrived

alrite m8... the kit looks lovely, make sure you use black mesh though (y) as i had silver mesh on my punto bodykit and it just gets dirty and no matter how much you power jet wash it i couldnt get it to look sparkly clean, was a pet hate of mine! Plus the black will make it look much meaner :) the 1 on the ra website has black mesh :D

1.8Stilo said:
alright m8... the kit looks lovely, make sure you use black mesh though (y) as i had silver mesh on my pinto body kit and it just gets dirty and no matter how much you power jet wash it i couldn't get it to look sparkle clean, was a pet hate of mine! Plus the black will make it look much meaner :) the 1 on the ra website has black mesh :D

The reason you couldn't get it clean is because aluminum oxidizes and you need a metal cleaner to bring it back up [sparkling]:cool:

Nice 1 ive got the front bumper already and it looks awesone ive also got the back one ont the was. This is by far the best bodykit for the stilo without going over the top.(y)

Beevz said:
Nice 1 ive got the front bumper already and it looks awesone ive also got the back one ont the was. This is by far the best bodykit for the stilo without going over the top.(y)
in your opinion of course :D Because in my opinion I have "by far the best bodykit for the stilo without going over the top" :)

bozzy said:
Your'e both close but no cigar. Standard is the best and it's probably what attracted us all to the car in the first place. IMO of course.
To be absolutely honest Bozzy, I would not have kept my Stilo past 6 months if it had to stay in standard form. If I see a standard one now it really has no appeal to me. No offence meant to anyone, it's not because I am selling my Stilo, it's what I have felt ever since I started to modify my car. :)

I think inside a lot of us Guys and Gals there is that some thing that wants us to be different :) hence the changing the appearance of our cars and although from the out side the stilo or for that matter any car may look different in the case of our fiats their ITALIAN and Italian cars have always been that bit more :yum: STYLISH :slayer:

I really liked the standard Stilo but i think they just look massively better with a nice kit on them. Just a shame theres only 2 decent kits for them the rest are just way OTT and dont suit the lines of the car.

But i still didnt buy a stilo. But i still think my car is possibly one of the nicest looking cars in that segment. (its a Citroen C4 Coupe if ya didnt know)

Some people think they look great others arent that into them but either way its a rather eye catching car because its just massively different and much rarer than the stilo or any of the other current hatches in that area.

And on the bodykit thing. merkur front looks better than the cadamuro. but its the opposite for the back end. and the standard sbarth skirts are still the nicest ones. imo.

It looks it to me, it looks to be really smooth. My old MS design splitter came in black, completely unprepared. The cadamuro stuff was also unprimed :eek:

If it is primed that should at least save you a few quid :)

activematt said:
So far ive had all kinds of quotes from garages from..........they wont touch it, to one who wanted £900, to one i phoned today who reckoned no more than about £450 for the lot...........crazy:confused:
Well my advice is don't go for the cheapest one mate, you'll regret it. £900 is very reasonable but I think you could find somewhere between the two. If someone scratches their head and Ums and Ahs then walk away :D

activematt said:
So far ive had all kinds of quotes from garages from..........they wont touch it, to one who wanted £900, to one i phoned today who reckoned no more than about £450 for the lot...........crazy:confused:

Hi Matt just logged back in and see your post above :( :confused: Yes a bit confusing aint it I settled on £1,130 now for that they did a hell of a lot and considering the original quote was £900 ish the extra work that i kept asking for was reasonable as their on £22 per hour plus VAT Plus materials.
They will usually prep and reundercoat/prim all parts because of imperfections in manufacture so its quite a lot of work before fitting which usually comes last.

I had Fr/Rr aprons/Grill/tailgate spoiler/all rub strips taken off preped and painted and refitted inc reversing strip with sensors on the rear debadge the yuck blue one one the left on boot and dynamic badges on wings gone also then finaly the whole front completely resprayed because of stone chipping then they did a complete cut and polish [whole car ]on the whole a massive amount of work for the money and the paint match is :slayer: good luck with yours (y)

Dont know whats happened to Matt lately he hasnt been on the forum :( hope everthing is OK with him and his project :)

Ged20D said:
Would it not be a possible to just have it sprayed and attach it yourself ??? I take it that its just a shell or does it have brackets to hold on to the car

the only thing about this is that, there are so many slight different tones of the same colour if you know what i mean! And to get a perfect match the garage would need the car..

And i would advise to have the bodykit sprayed in primer again even if it comes pre-primed like PNL said as ive seen paint start to peel off mates bodykits etc before when they just relied on the pre-primer...

Also, everybody is right - were has matt got to, i havent seen him for a while? :confused: Either, hes working loads of Overtime to pay for the spraying work or his out enjoying it? Although i did talk to him about thursday in LL about talex speed detector ive invested in :)

Back