Technical Weird noise coming from the front side

Currently reading:
Technical Weird noise coming from the front side

ReaperX

Hello!

My gp started making a weird noise like plastic pieces cracking when turning the wheel at very low speed and about the same but not so loud noise when starting to move from a full stop and when braking just before stopping.
I went to my garage,they tightened some bolts underneath and sound disappeared for some time.

But eventually the sound came back and now it is even louder when turning the wheel for ex. when parking.At normal-high speeds the sound disappears.Also the car behaves normally when driving just this noise driving me nuts...:bang:

Any help please??

I had a similar problem before, but It was the wheel bearings... to check, jack up the car and wiggle the wheels if you notice a considerable amount of play it could be that one of your bearings is gone.

When it comes to noises I think is really difficult to find out the source for which I tend to tick things off the list before making any assumptions. If the bearings are fine I would get someone to park the car for you while I stand next to it and see which side it might be coming from, that could rule out another few items off the list.

Thanks I'll check them..

What about the top mounts?I've heard it's a common problem for gp and mito.

It might sound silly but have you checked all the wheel arch trim? Iv'e had it fall onto the wheel making horrid noises and a friend of mine ground down the plastic on a long drive as it was constantly in contact with the rubber of the tyre, worth a look! (y)

I know,had experienced the same thing about 2-3 years ago,but unfortunately it's not the trim this time..

Thanks for the reply though..:)

Did you figure out where the noise came from. Im having the same problem I think.

Back