Weight reduction

Currently reading:
Weight reduction

LordMuzzy

Basically, I was just wonderin' if anyone here has done any stuff to reduce the vehicle weight?

Apart from the simple-sounding removal of the back seats, what other ways are there of doing it without breaking the bank?

Cheers.

Sei wannabe (at the mo)!

No ICE, remove the carpets, headlining, perspex windows, excess bits of bodywork trim, rear window wiper, single wiper for the front, lightweight magnesium wheels, remove electric windows, remove things like power steering[:0]
Loads of ways :D

Si.
2.0 20v HGT + £2.5k of stereo + NOS (soon)

Remove all sound deadening, spare wheel, rear seatbelts and cut the dash in half, perhaps not thats a bit excessive :D

I have considerably more mods, THAN YOU!​
voldar02.gif
Pssssst my cars for sale​

Start drilling holes, you'll know you've got enough of them when you can't shut the doors without a trolley jack................

5558.php

You could remove the passenger seat, remove the rear view mirror, all the other seat belts and seats, take out the spare tyre's a good place to start, toolkit, etc, remove the window washer bottle, take off door trims, ash trays, remove the outer dash cover, clock, take out any a/c fans and controls, n e more? basically, if you can remove it and the car still a) works and b) is road-legal then chuck it in the skip! (or post it to me, address by e-mail, [email protected]) :p

Cinqmeister
Alias: BIG BROTHER

http://www.channel9.tk
'94 Cinquecento Basica (USA Spec) 0,9l

I guess I was sorta expecting these replies. Sound quite taxing first-off, but I'll have a bash (literally)!

And do you tell your insurance company? Just surely it would improve performance... ??

Sei wannabe (at the mo)!

Back