Webuyanycarforlittle.com

Currently reading:
Webuyanycarforlittle.com

Today I took my Grande Punto to webuyanycar. They'd offered £515 online and this was the price I expected to get. But then the sales guy walked around the car finding little scratches and said I can only give you £310. So I walked away, that isn't much more than the scrap price of around £250.

The guy explained that all the cars they buy go to their own auction for sale, and that the dealers want a pristine car.

He said the reason they deduct value for the paintwork is because they only sell at auction to dealers not the public.

The car itself is a 2010 plate with 104k on the clock. I'd keep it but the clutch has gone and it needs cleaned injectors.

So what should I do with it? How could I sell it?

Always the same with Webuyanycar, they offer you a price and then they knock you down when they see the car. There’s also another fee to pay as well so you would have ended up with even less! I’d probably be tempted to put it on ebay as a spares or repairs classified ad, if you do auction or buy it now then you tend to get idiots messing you about, you still get them with classified ads but at least you can weed them out and choose who you deal with. It’s worth money to the right person

Friend had a similar experience on tues… they’re retiring early onto a boat and planning on going round all UK waterways…got a ‘quote’, took it to site, a portacabin on a retail park, ‘oh I don’t know if I can give you the full quoted price, I’ll just have a word with manger’, disappears, comes back with ‘he’s prepared to meet you half way’. Friend grumbles a bit but is over a barrel as he needs car gone, ‘salesman’ doesnt know grumbling is about predicament so immediately says, ‘okay how about just £300 off quote?’. Then comes the £75 administration fee…friend reluctantly accepts.
Several things to note:
He really didn’t ring manager, nor did he need to as went from a grand less to £300
They know exactly what they want to pay for car, what to quote and what to ‘bargain’ for
They are all tied to the big dealerships/car warehouses etc
The tactics are exactly the same as they’ve always been and NOBODY likes them, or, at the very least most folk don’t like them

Friend had a similar experience on tues… they’re retiring early onto a boat and planning on going round all UK waterways…got a ‘quote’, took it to site, a portacabin on a retail park, ‘oh I don’t know if I can give you the full quoted price, I’ll just have a word with manger’, disappears, comes back with ‘he’s prepared to meet you half way’. Friend grumbles a bit but is over a barrel as he needs car gone, ‘salesman’ doesnt know grumbling is about predicament so immediately says, ‘okay how about just £300 off quote?’. Then comes the £75 administration fee…friend reluctantly accepts.
Several things to note:
He really didn’t ring manager, nor did he need to as went from a grand less to £300
They know exactly what they want to pay for car, what to quote and what to ‘bargain’ for
They are all tied to the big dealerships/car warehouses etc
The tactics are exactly the same as they’ve always been and NOBODY likes them, or, at the very least most folk don’t like them
I sold a van to them years ago, they did beat me down a bit and I went to walk away and then the guy relented and upped it a bit to nearer the quote.

They're not stupid though, I'd got an online quote then made an appointment but I had to empty the van which was a pain so when I turned up they knew I'd emptied the van and knew it was pain to go back and put the stuff back hence the low offer but it wasn't a low ball one to be fair.

Last edited:
I sold a van to them years ago, they did beat me down a bit and I went to walk away and then the guy relented and upped it a bit to nearer the quote.
I asked for £400, so I was willing to meet him half way, but he refused.

After I left he kind of walked around the car lot for no real reason. I suppose he was trying to see what else I was driving, or get some information on why he'd missed out.

In hindsight, after he'd told me the car was going to auction, i should have told him I could take it to auction myself without any problem! I wasn't sure whether to mention it or not.

I also know the exact national average auction price for this car it is £515. I get this from the auction that I go to, they use an Autotrader price. As far as I can tell Webuyanycar's online quote mirrors the Autotrader average auction price. I would probably get £300-£500 for it at auction.

I may also list it as Spares or Repairs as mentioned by Greasytrucker.

Last edited:
Are there no local outfits? I sold my Mazda to one back in 2020 and while the price wasn't great..it was 20% more than wbacs starting offer.
Do you mean take it to a second hand car lot? I'm not sure who nearby sells this sort of car. Or the right terminology to google and find the right outfit.

Do you mean take it to a second hand car lot? I'm not sure who nearby sells this sort of car.

No, locally we have a place called we buy cars for more...was wondering if you have one.

They do sell anything that's not broken but they tend to take stuff that other garages wouldn't touch with a pole/send to auction. Things like modded cars, classics and odd balls as well your usual stuff.

Technically they would be a second hand dealer I guess...but if they'd pay more than wbac then that's what you're aiming at.

No, locally we have a place called we buy cars for more...was wondering if you have one.

They do sell anything that's not broken but they tend to take stuff that other garages wouldn't touch with a pole/send to auction. Things like modded cars, classics and odd balls as well your usual stuff.

Technically they would be a second hand dealer I guess...but if they'd pay more than wbac then that's what you're aiming at.
I'll have a look, I'd accept £400 for this car, so I'm really trying to squeeze £100 more out of the price than WBAC were offering. Not a kings randsome but worth a little investigation.

The Lambourgini Huracan is my next purchase...

Incidentally I saw a Lambourgini at auction a couple of weeks ago, it looked fab, went round the other side to see a flat tyre. Made me smile to think that it doesn't matter how much they cost, they still get flat tyres :)

The Lambourgini Huracan is my next purchase...

Incidentally I saw a Lambourgini at auction a couple of weeks ago, it looked fab, went round the other side to see a flat tyre. Made me smile to think that it doesn't matter how much they cost, they still get flat tyres :)
AND a Lambo tyre will not be cheap . If its flat you have to ask if its been moved on a flat. On a performance car you REALLY dont want that.

Given the price new cars are these days you would have thought the second hand market would be buoyant.
I suppose the problem is people don't know how to work on cars these days.
I was always happy to buy a car that needed work if the price was right.

Given the price new cars are these days you would have thought the second hand market would be buoyant.
I suppose the problem is people don't know how to work on cars these days.
I was always happy to buy a car that needed work if the price was right.
There's no engineering reason cars can't have a lot more plug in parts like a computer. i.e. parts could be used on multiple cars. Especially as we're going electric in the future. That would bring the cost of parts down a lot.

There's no engineering reason cars can't have a lot more plug in parts like a computer. i.e. parts could be used on multiple cars. Especially as we're going electric in the future. That would bring the cost of parts down a lot.
That's why the British car and motorcycle industries died, too cheap and easy to repair, parts fitted multiple models, so people kept them till they rusted out rather than buy new.:(

Today I took my Grande Punto to webuyanycar. They'd offered £515 online and this was the price I expected to get. But then the sales guy walked around the car finding little scratches and said I can only give you £310. So I walked away, that isn't much more than the scrap price of around £250.

The car itself is a 2010 plate with 104k on the clock. I'd keep it but the clutch has gone and it needs cleaned injectors.

So what should I do with it? How could I sell it?

I am keeping half an eye on the private car sales,

Your EVO is in the £1400/£1750 bracket

So that's a £1000/£1300 but get in parts / workshop 🙂

10 years ago on here WBAC were often mentioned,

Somebody owned a HiLux 4WD pickup

Every few months they would get a quote
Every summer it dropped 30%, every winter it went Up 30%,

Its supply and demand, Snowy weather meant 4WD was in big demand

I am keeping half an eye on the private car sales,

I should probably do this. The cars i see on Facebook marketplace usually have high mileage, the owners i believe have kept them till they drop! :)

Your EVO is in the £1400/£1750 bracket

So that's a £1000/£1300 but get in parts / workshop 🙂

The EVO is a better car than the GP, some of the design problems have been fixed. I got mine for £880 at auction, quite a steal considering how good the condition and mileage are. The dealers were put off by the stop start warning lights. A big orange triangle isn't going to be so attractive to private buyers either. Oh and then there was the doggy smell... lol.

I attempted to fix the airbox on my EVO yesterday, it didn't go so well. The lug on the airbox had broken off so i glued another onto it, but the glue didn't work so well and i couldn't get the pipe onto the lug in situ. I bought another 16mm inside diameter hose pipe and its not got the right shape so now prevents the airbox from sitting on the throttle body nicely. So i'll have to do it again...

10 years ago on here WBAC were often mentioned,

Somebody owned a HiLux 4WD pickup

Every few months they would get a quote
Every summer it dropped 30%, every winter it went Up 30%,

Its supply and demand, Snowy weather meant 4WD was in big demand

I watched a YouTube video with this guy buying a car off Facebook and taking it to WBAC to make a profit. He didn't, it cost him a couple of hundred quid and his time, interesting to watch though :D

Last edited:
Back