General WeBuyAnyCar.com Insurance Write off?

Currently reading:
General WeBuyAnyCar.com Insurance Write off?

WELL... having accidently learned the advert song off by heart, I thought to quickly give their website a look at for fun. Not best pleased now! They have valued my car at less than £700!

It don't matter if your not planning to sell your car... but surely that means the insurance company would class an accident with my car as a write off if the damage was calculated at over £700??

I'll appreciate some comments please people

They're renowned for being jokers, you would have to be seriously desperate for money to sell (gift) your car to them.

Never heard of one person saying they got a reasonable offer from them, I dont know how they manage to stay in business.

I wrote a car off years ago and the insurance company paid me what I had paid for that car, minus my excess which I got back later as the other driver was at fault. The reason for this was that the car had very low mileage and was in immaculate condition prior to the accident, I also had FSH.

I think the price offered in the event of a write off is at the discretion of the loss adjuster and not just a set price for a certain model of car at a certain age. I was ready to argue my case and didnt have to in the end as the guy could see that the car didnt have pre accident damage and had been looked after.

Thank alot for the answers, now that I know its more directed towards retail price and each car independantly, no worries there.

I'll never go to WeBuyAnyCar.com...

also, I noticed another cheap copy cat "WeWillBuyYourCar.com".... **** takers, just as terrible no doubt!

Back