Technical Water pump choice

Currently reading:
Technical Water pump choice

wozwozza

Hi all,

Quick one for the gurus.....

Bought the gf a punto grande (shes always been a Seicento girl)

Its the 1.2 8v Engine Code- 199 A4.000 Engine No- 3166367

Looking to do the water pump/timing belt this coming weekend as it says was done 2 years ago/8000 miles ago, but we have no proof, and it sounds a bit whirry, like the belt thats on it is a tad too tight..... Anyway i digress.

Theres two options for water pump from both the factos ive asked, (only one part number i can see on EPER (55198547)

Factors insist theres two choices, a pierburg or a tesma (comline numbers EWP 069 and EWP 115) One plastic deep impeller the other is metal and more shallow.

Now ive had a good look around the engine bay, and i cant find any brand or manufacturer tags or names apart from FIAT

Just to add a little confusion, the timing belt kits that come with the waterpump, dont seem to have the same choice. Very strange......:bang:

Anyone shed any light? Normally id order both and return what i dont use, but the price difference between factors and online is quite stark ive found, so im looking at ordering offline and saving a few bob.

Are they interchangeable?

Any help appreciated :)

Last edited:
Pump on left was my original the one on the right was with the first kit I got. My motor factors just swapped it for the correct kit.

Attachments

• tapatalk_1559598903324.jpeg
    tapatalk_1559598903324.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 79
Correction, it was an SKF kit. The correct kit number was VKMC 02206-2. Surely your motor factor will accept a return. Mine was the same price as online! £70 all in, done in February.

Why two designs ? Have the same issue when quoted for 1.4 engine.
Flow output same?
One tropical areas, other for cold climates?

Ed

Back