Technical Punto Evo ABS pump

Currently reading:
Technical Punto Evo ABS pump

Right, update!

There was absolutely no pull or suction when removing the pipe after engine running. I also tried changing ABS pump and despite all the brake pipes coming out of old pump and onto the new one the pedal was still solid and I hadn’t even bled the brakes. With air in the system the pedal should have went down.

The only solution remained was the dreaded Servo. Please see pictures. I cannot stress enough the amount of work involved in removing one of these servos on a Punto. It is a very tough job in a very tight space. I have changed engines easier.

Servo now to be ordered. Hole in old one as shown in pics.

477C2950-FCC3-4F7A-BD80-0E6765AAC49E.jpeg
39512BDF-95E4-4ADC-B99E-BBE225ACB91F.jpeg
549EB144-4366-4C96-85A5-B55EDA034963.jpeg

Well at least you have got to the bottom of things.
I have never seen one rusted through like that in over 55 years in the trade, though climate much milder down our way.;)

Still to bleed the brakes but after fitting the servo the pedal is still hard. With the air in the system etc it really should go down I feel. When I open a bleed nipple it does go down but when it’s closed it returns to being hard.

Going to bleed the brakes and see

Still to bleed the brakes but after fitting the servo the pedal is still hard. With the air in the system etc it really should go down I feel. When I open a bleed nipple it does go down but when it’s closed it returns to being hard.

Going to bleed the brakes and see
Did you ever get to the bottom of the green colour of the of the old brake fluid?

Did you ever get to the bottom of the green colour of the of the old brake fluid?

No I never but fluid has been flushed twice. I may have made a ridiculous error. There was a metal round plate that came off. Should that go inside vehicle side or closest to bonnet. I put it closest to bonnet so is now acting as a spacer between servo and master cylinder on side shown in picture. Could this be causing the suction not to be holding?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 27
Sorry to reignite this again. The job went great and the car drives fine now. That washer was round the wrong way however I now have another issue linked to this job. There is an engine light and the fault code is implausible signal from clutch sensor. Obviously I had the full pedal set up out. I have replaced the sensor, recalibrated and the light goes out. However, when you turn the engine off, wait a few mins the light just comes back on. Anyone had any issues with the clutch sensor before. I was using a Launch machine to delete code. Thanks

On your Launch does it show when clutch pedal released or depressed, do they react correctly.
I am assuming it has a three wire plug at sensor , no chance wire got trapped or damaged when you had all the hassle with brake servo?

The 199 body style suffered from corrosion early on in the firewall area

When my 2013 was 2 days old I took it to a meet, and a guy with a 56 plate grande poked his fingers in there and said "6 years on and they haven't changed that" 🤔

Have to agree.. Check out the clutch switch 1st

You have certainly done some work..! 👍

Back