Water pump broken after 11 months

Currently reading:
Water pump broken after 11 months

Eaglesflyer

I own a fiat grande punto. Last may I had my water pump and timing belt changed at a local garage. On Friday I noticed my coolant was really low, so looked round the engine bay and found coolant dripping by the Water pump, I have only done 5000 miles since it was replaced. I plan to ring the garage tomorrow but just wanted some advice on what my rights are and whether it counts as not fit for purpose. Thanks in advance

I own a fiat grande punto. Last may I had my water pump and timing belt changed at a local garage. On Friday I noticed my coolant was really low, so looked round the engine bay and found coolant dripping by the Water pump, I have only done 5000 miles since it was replaced. I plan to ring the garage tomorrow but just wanted some advice on what my rights are and whether it counts as not fit for purpose. Thanks in advance

Hi, :)
generally any parts will have a manufacturers guarantee..( often 12 months / 12,000 miles)

this is dependant on fitting by a VAT registered professional..
SO - in my mind you've met all of this - so YES,

just state fact, and keep it polite and friendly..,
see how it goes.

(FYI - overtight belts COULD accelerate bearing wear):rolleyes:
I've NEVER had a FIAT waterpump fail enough to leak.., my FIAT indy did a belt and pump on our nearly new panda, and the belt actually went slack and jumped..!! new pump got replaced as it was faulty..:bang:

Charlie - Oxford

Hi, :)
generally any parts will have a manufacturers guarantee..( often 12 months / 12,000 miles)

this is dependant on fitting by a VAT registered professional..
SO - in my mind you've met all of this - so YES,

just state fact, and keep it polite and friendly..,
see how it goes.

(FYI - overtight belts COULD accelerate bearing wear):rolleyes:
I've NEVER had a FIAT waterpump fail enough to leak.., my FIAT indy did a belt and pump on our nearly new panda, and the belt actually went slack and jumped..!! new pump got replaced as it was faulty..:bang:

Charlie - Oxford

Thanks. Just got off the phone to the garage, they will repair it under warranty as long as it is the water pump, so hopefully will be repaired on Wednesday

Thanks. Just got off the phone to the garage, they will repair it under warranty as long as it is the water pump, so hopefully will be repaired on Wednesday
From your post i think it's only the water pump. So, good luck and no worries :)

Back