Is my mechanic dishonest after a repair job he did ?

Currently reading:
Is my mechanic dishonest after a repair job he did ?

tony4173

Ok so i was having problems last week with my 13 yr old fiat punto.To cut a long story short it turned out the clutch was slipping and he replaced the clutch at a cost off £210. He dropped my car off (he is a friend) I payed him his money. After driving it 5 miles or so a loud screeching noise started happening so I stopped and looked under the bonnet to see maybe if it was a belt problem (not that i am very clued up with cars). One thing i noticed was that for some reason he has swapped my battery for another one even though my battery was fine i am assuming. I rang him and told him it was screeching and why has the battery been changed when you was just repairing the clutch ? He said bring the car back a.s.ap and i will look at it, so i did.he couldn't diagnose the problem after 45 mins eliminating fan belt, alternator and a few other things as the problem, he said leave it with me over night and "not to worry". I am awaiting his phone call later today thursday and will let you know the outcome.

Question is.......

Why has he swapped batteries, is it because my car is 13yr old and maybe he thinks there aint much life in the old girl so he will help his self to a better battery befor i scrap the car in time?

And will he charge me for this screeching repair, it certainly wasnt there before the clutch repair. I believe he may have done something to cause this problem but because i dont know much about engines he may say it is another issue to get another payment from me.

Is this how mechanics operate ???

Thanks

Battery been swapped in a NO NO
He shouldnt have done
UNLESS he says why or whats going on

For example - he let it go flat - he's put a temp in while he recharges in :)

But the screeching COULD be the clutch and bearing having a fight
This should settle when you press the clutch and make the 2 kiss and make up

It could also be the belly pan between the engine and bottom half of the gearbox catching on the back of the engine

Mine was slightly catching - settled after 1 day cause i knew what it was

Some might not ever settle

This is a much worthwhile cause for him to look at
There a bitch to align backup and bolts dont wanna go back in most of the time

Ziggy

Back