Technical water leaking in fiat idea 1.9

Currently reading:
Technical water leaking in fiat idea 1.9

Hi all
Mother in-law has a fiat 1.9 multi jet idea on 06 plate, problem with car is water leaking in to the passenger foot well, she brought the car from fiat dealer in Northampton, has taken car back to get problem resolved and in the fiat handbook it says water ingress not covered ( this is what mother in-law has said ,I have not read handbook on the warranty side of things yet).
Is this standard practise!, Dealer is going to look at the car, funny thing is while she was waiting to get things sorted, Fiat dealer washed her car and after washing there was about an inch of water in the passenger foot well. has anyone else had problems with water ingress on the fiat idea, will see what dealer has to say,

Hi T14086
Not sure,but don't think there is one fitted, she seems to think water is coming in from front of car, remember her saying about all the sound insulation being wet and some insulation to front of car being pulled out and looking like sponges which were inside plastic bags around foot well and dash area, all where wet, waiting to see what dealer comes up with. many thanks

Could be break in the seal at bulkhead or even screen leaking.There is a drain tube in engine bay at bulkhead (by wiper linkage) thats worth a quick look to see if its blocked likewise if it has air-con make sure the outlet pipe is clear.

After three years and 90000 miles the only water problem I had with my Idea was some water on the passenger side floor when the airco was used for long periods. Keep in mind that mine was an LHD model. That begs the question: did Fiat sell the Idea with the 1.9 Multijet engine in the UK? In the rest of Europe it has since been discontinued and replaced by the MJET 1.3 with 90 HP. The 1.9 is still available in the Musa over here.

Hi all
Mother in-law has a fiat 1.9 multi jet idea on 06 plate, problem with car is water leaking in to the passenger foot well, she brought the car from fiat dealer in Northampton, has taken car back to get problem resolved and in the fiat handbook it says water ingress not covered ( this is what mother in-law has said ,I have not read handbook on the warranty side of things yet).
Is this standard practise!, Dealer is going to look at the car, funny thing is while she was waiting to get things sorted, Fiat dealer washed her car and after washing there was about an inch of water in the passenger foot well. has anyone else had problems with water ingress on the fiat idea, will see what dealer has to say,
Hi all problem with water leaking in to car has been resolved, dealer says it was where cables where coming into bulkhead and gromet missing, any way problem fixed so mother inlaw is happy and it does have the 1.9 multijet engine.(y)

Hi all problem with water leaking in to car has been resolved, dealer says it was where cables where coming into bulkhead and gromet missing, any way problem fixed so mother inlaw is happy and it does have the 1.9 multijet engine.(y)

Ahh yes had that aswell,not easy getting to the grommet where wires come in to seal it cause of ABS pump in the way.

Good to see some idea posts...cracking car(y)

from engine bay...cut end of rubber outlet pipe off to allow water to drain away faster insteard of forcing its way back & into car.

Thanks for that. I'll relay it to the scrapyard where she is now resting after I totaled her and a C3 in January. That's why I've got the Punto at the moment. I'm waiting to see the Bravo break/estate/wagon and the Alfa 159 before I get another new car.

Back