Technical Airbag failure :(

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag failure :(

Mine has airbags in the top of both pillars, as well as seat air bags and then front airbags. Are you certain yours doesn't have them in the front pillars? I thought all Eleganzas had eight air bags.

I mean I haven't physically counted but eLearn only shows 6...
Screenshot_20231216_002145.png

...and this official press release for the 2004 launch says "the Idea may be fitted with up to six airbags"...
Screenshot_20231216_002320.png

...and the 2004 catalog available here only shows "driver + passenger", "side" and "window" airbags...
Screenshot_20231216_005459.png

...and MES only shows me 6 airbags - the rear bags are not connected and give no reading.
VirtualBox_Windows 10_28_11_2023_16_00_47.jpg

Possibly changed in the 2005 model year for yours? Don't know.

Maybe I am getting confused by seeing the 'Airbag' logo at the top of each pillar. I thought that there was an airbag in each pillar, but now I see that it must be one long airbag for the side, one in the side of each seat, and one in the dash and the sixth in the steering wheel.

Just to advise for future reference. I took the lower dashboard panel off on the passenger side, just as I would to change the pollen filter. It's very easy to do. I then found the airbag connection and stuck some WD40 on it and it now is fixed. Takes all of five minutes to do.

Back