General water ingress

Currently reading:
General water ingress

Hello, after pressure washing the 02 Multipla, I notice I have drips of water coming through the front interior light cluster. I'm thinking the only possible culprit could be the aerial. Is this common? Can I remove the aerial to silicone under it or shall I just squeeze it under? Does the light cluster cover simply click off? Id like to make sure all the water is out!

Hello, after pressure washing the 02 Multipla, I notice I have drips of water coming through the front interior light cluster. I'm thinking the only possible culprit could be the aerial. Is this common? Can I remove the aerial to silicone under it or shall I just squeeze it under? Does the light cluster cover simply click off? Id like to make sure all the water is out!
I have had this on other makes of car.
Assuming the aerial is mounted directly above the interior/courtesy light, I would take light cover off and carefully unscrew the light body making sure not to short any electrical wires as live all the time!!!!
Then you should be able to see if any rust stains inside the roof around the aerial fitting, if so , then often the aerial has a nut/bolt that secures it to the roof.
It should be possible to slacken this off enough to put some sealant around the washer area on the outside before retightening.
Note, do not put sealant on inside as the aerial is earthed through the fitting but also has to be independent electrically from the thin centre wire connection otherwise you will get poor radio reception and possibly damage the radio.

Back