Technical Water at spare wheel

Currently reading:
Technical Water at spare wheel

Naabje058

Hello ladies and gents,

Since i've own my current Fiat Bravo (5 months) i noticed the windows fogging up. i checked where it could come from and i noticed a big amount of water laying at the spare wheel. First i tought it was coming in via the 3rd brake light, so i used silicon sealant but the water was still coming in. Then i tought it was coming in via the rear wiper gasket because the inside rear wiper motor was wet. I replaced the gasked and used a little silicone sealant to be sure water was not coming in from that part again. The problem there has been solved because it stays dry but unfortenately water is still coming in the rear boot spare wheel.

Today after some heavy showers i'd checked the car again and found where the water is coming from although im not pretty sure where its sneaking in from. The water comes in even if the car is standing still so its not from driving water spraying up or something like that.

I see a lot of water (see pictures attached) at the right rear inside the car behind the black carpet. Loats of water and the foam piece is soaking wet. I also notice that the rear right light is a little wet underneath, while the left rear light is clean.

Is this a common problem? Also is the brown sealant shown on the pictures original, or should it be black?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 12
  • VID-20240520-WA0007.mp4
    4.7 MB
Brown sealant is original.
Check the roof meets the rear quarter panels there have been reports of a poor fit of panels. I seem to remember finding a small hole about 2mm square in the top gutter area. The roof panel was not wide enough!!! I have experience of poor panel fit on a Panda too. Look in the top gutter. Tiger seal is great stuff for dealing with this sort of issue, if there are actually gaps / holes. Holes, of any size from tiny to really quite large and visible have been reported.
Light seals are an issue in general but from memory I didnt think the Bravo was likely to leak due to the design, but take the lights out and check for holes.... There shouldnt be any! Chunky lights on the bravo dont help. You can get glasshouse glazing bar tape from eBAy that can help pack light seals out or bathroom mastic can fill minor defects. Boot seals may have a sealant thats remarkably like standard putty in the groove that pushed onto the bodywork Some people use a little silicon under the seal if this is present but has dried up.

I'm not exactly sure if i understood you correct but ive attached some pictures.

I think the rear door might have been replaced because it looks badly aligned. The Right side is way lower then the other side and also the "bravo" letters are missing from the boot but that could have also been a choise from the previous owner

Attachments

• 20240520_220707.jpg
    20240520_220707.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • 20240520_220715.jpg
    20240520_220715.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 20240520_220743.jpg
    20240520_220743.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 20240520_220805.jpg
    20240520_220805.jpg